News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

White Hat Special Commercial - Are WHS Rare/Valuable?

Started by Rustymuscle, March 03, 2011, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rustymuscle

Are "White Hat Specials" Unique/Valuable? Did Chrysler Signify The "WHS" On The Broadcast Sheet? The Commercial a Fun Video HERE.

Banking on the height of the popular spaghetti westerns of the late 1960′s, Dodge launched the 1969 "White Hat Special" editions of their lineup. Named after the old Roy Rodgers maxim that, "The good guys wore the white hats," the White Hat Specials were more about the look and comfort than say, the more performance heavy R/T packages.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 535ci Wedge, 727 w/ GV, Dana 60
1970 Dodge Super Bee
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT HEMI

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yes it would be code A41 for the WHS....on both the Fender Tag & Broadcast Sheet.

Are they more rare or valuable?   I'd say not as much as an R/T or an SE equipped car but it can be a buying/selling point to some.  :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

rarefish

One thing some people don't realize is that with the White Hat Special package, the vinyl top could be ordered in any color or could have been deleted from the package.