News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

grade 8 bolts for three bolt cam or shave heads on current bolts a bit?

Started by FLG, February 27, 2011, 01:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

Because I'm using an after market timing cover my arp bolts are a bit too long and touch the back of the cover. Am I safe using regular grade eight bolts?  :popcrn:

Or is it safe for me to shave the heads a bit off the current bolts?

BTW,

These are the bolts i have

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARP-244-1001/

I need about a .160 of clearance, i can take a bit off the inside of the cover as well. I can probably be fine with taking .10 off the heads of the bolts and the rest off the cover, i just dont want to worry about if i am loosing strength by doing this.

redmist

440 source cover???

I did mine, and figured since I had a three bolt core, I would be fine.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

FLG

:yesnod:

They say it will be an issue and i knew this was going to be an issue before people go on about how there stuff sucks.

The covers really nice and stout  :2thumbs:

So i guess ill be fine shaving a bit off the bolts? I figure since there 4 bolt and its not a roller cam i should be just fine, there not under a ton of stress.

greenpigs

I would go with grade 8 bolts. Not much force going on I guess so the ARP is a waste of money IMO. You win the lotto or something as your on a buying frenzy it seems?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

FLG

I just shaved em  :cheers:

If i won the lotto id be getting a lot more  :rofl:

Just got some cash from taxes burning a hole  :P