News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

mopar crate motors

Started by 68valiant, September 09, 2011, 03:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68valiant

If you are looking for a mopar crate motor DO NOT GO TO MAUND MOTORWORKS . COM. The owner uses all remanufactured parts that do not function cause he wouldn't know cause he does not fire up the motors. Also if you have a problem and you get this motor shipped GOOD LUCK you are on your own to fix motor.  So save the hassle and go to your local machine shop who will do a better job and use brand new parts for the same money.

Challenger340

Sounds like you had a bad experience ?

IMO,
When first shopping around for a Crate Engine, Pricing is usually a pretty good barometer of what to expect in an Engine ? Things happen in this world for time & money, and if the pricing seems low, usually indicative of what you are getting.....
NOT,
that there isn't Higher Priced stuff out there, that just isn't any better either ?

I would agree that "continuity" with a "reputable" can be paramount, even better if they are local, nonetheless IMO, Dynoíng of the Engine prior to delivery should be insisted upon ?
I don't think there are too many Builders anymore, who want a BAD Engine "out there" ?
Just plain BAD for Business if U know what I mean ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !