News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Hideaway lights

Started by Darkman, February 08, 2011, 12:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkman

Hi guys. Just a quick question

AFAIK 70 Hideaway lights are operated by electric motors. Does anyone have photos of the setup behind the grill (or at least the motor setup)

At some point there was a fire in the engine bay of my 68 Charger (albeit a small one), enough to melt a few vacum hoses and wires). Due to this, the previous owner pulled out a lot of hoses and and stuff (including the factory Cruise Control system  :brickwall: ). Since my car will not be an original restoration (and also being hung up on reliability), I am looking at replacing the vacuum system with electric motors. I have my hands on 12V electric actuators that have nearly the same shaft throw as the vacuum ones. Has anyone tried this (silly question possibly)?
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Topher

Do you have a pic of the actuators you have? I have a friend that wants to do some upgrading to his 69.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

NorwayCharger

Quote from: Darkman on February 08, 2011, 12:34:04 AM
Hi guys. Just a quick question

AFAIK 70 Hideaway lights are operated by electric motors. Does anyone have photos of the setup behind the grill (or at least the motor setup)

At some point there was a fire in the engine bay of my 68 Charger (albeit a small one), enough to melt a few vacum hoses and wires). Due to this, the previous owner pulled out a lot of hoses and and stuff (including the factory Cruise Control system  :brickwall: ). Since my car will not be an original restoration (and also being hung up on reliability), I am looking at replacing the vacuum system with electric motors. I have my hands on 12V electric actuators that have nearly the same shaft throw as the vacuum ones. Has anyone tried this (silly question possibly)?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,14432.0.html
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com