News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any of you guys into Vintage Sleds?

Started by PocketThunder, January 06, 2011, 05:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 06, 2011, 09:55:41 PM
But here are the pictures of my Arctic Cat Panther. 
I see you bought it a windshield. ;D No windshield HERE<---  ;)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: Charger_Fan on January 09, 2011, 01:23:59 PM

Different sled! :slap:

71_Charger_R/T

Here's a sled I sold about 3 years ago (I wish I hadn't) I found out after selling it that it was worth about 250 times what I sold it for (Just as it sat) and way more than that restored. It was one of the factory race sleds driven by Stan Hayes so it has some heritage. It was a very fast and fun sled until my brother-in-law tried to cut down a birch tree with it.  :rotz:

wayfast1500

I restored a '76 Olympic a few years ago.  I also did a '82 Polaris that I got for free.  I have no interest in doing much with sleds, but if I came across a old mercury snow twister or a snow jet I'd be all over it.  I'd love to find one of the old factory race sleds guys are still comming across in fields and barns.  They definatly have the muscle car look and IMO look a lot more agressive than today's sleds.  Off topic I'm doing a '84 Suzuki pe 175 that I got for free.  I was going to keep it as a beater until I saw one at the dealership and found out they pay $2500-$3000 for them.  The old recreation toys keep their value too I guess.

PocketThunder

Have any of you guys repaired plastic gas tanks?  The horizontal seam on this Yamaha tank is leaking and i need to fix it. or find another one.  I found this company Caswell Inc that makes and epoxy sealer.  Has anyone done this?  :shruggy:

http://www.caswellplating.com/aids/epoxygas.htm

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on January 09, 2011, 09:32:46 PM
Quote from: Charger_Fan on January 09, 2011, 01:23:59 PM

Different sled! :slap:
Woops, quite right. ;) I was too distracted by that snazzy fuzzy looking seat. Plus I didn't think there's any way that PT would actually buy two of those things, but I was wrong. He's a masochist, I tell ya. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PocketThunder

So after a stop to the boat store, i have a replacement gas tank for the Yamaha..  :icon_smile_big:  Its a 3 gallon marine tank.  It fits pretty darn good where the original tank goes and today we put the seat back on and she fired right up.  Got the kids helmets on and around the yard we went.  These old sleds dont like 2 feet of powder snow though.  It took a couple laps around the yard to beat down a path.  Fun times though!

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

:2thumbs:

maxwellwedge

My first sled was a Sno-Jet....340 single thumper.

In 1969 there were aver 110 manufacturers of sleds - how many now - 5?

My second sled was a 74 Merc 440 twin - it was ok.

My next sled was a 74 Merc Sno-Twister.....They are still raced and are still competitive in their class.

Yamaha SRV  (No - Not that SRV).....And then a bunch of Polaris Indy 600's.

Then - I got married

General_01

That's cool Paul. Glad you were able to find a suitable replacement for the tank. Now you and the kids can have some fun and you'll have something to go do the next time you wife has all the neighbor ladies over.  :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Shakey on January 07, 2011, 08:36:30 AM

I'm really diggin' the seat covers on that thing!   :yesnod:

And in San Francisco there's a laid off newspaper reporter looking for seat covers' for his '69 Charger that were supposedly stolen.   ;)

GPULLER

Paul did you go to Waconia with your Panther?  I think I saw you buzz by on it while I was drooling over some Rupps.  Went with my uncle, he was there to buy a Rupp.  He had '76 Nitro and '76 Magnum back in the day.  He ended up buying a '77 Nitro, it aint real pretty but the motor was gone threw, plus a pile of parts.

My Waconia pics.

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i286/GPULLER/Waconia%202011/

PocketThunder

Quote from: GPULLER on February 03, 2011, 05:10:09 PM
Paul did you go to Waconia with your Panther?  I think I saw you buzz by on it while I was drooling over some Rupps.  Went with my uncle, he was there to buy a Rupp.  He had '76 Nitro and '76 Magnum back in the day.  He ended up buying a '77 Nitro, it aint real pretty but the motor was gone threw, plus a pile of parts.

My Waconia pics.

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i286/GPULLER/Waconia%202011/

No i never made it over there.  By the time i had free time to leave the house it was Sunday at 1:30 so i just fired up the '73 and bombed around the house with the kids a dozen times and called it close enough.

Paul

GPULLER

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 03, 2011, 05:20:48 PM
No i never made it over there.  By the time i had free time to leave the house it was Sunday at 1:30 so i just fired up the '73 and bombed around the house with the kids a dozen times and called it close enough.

Paul

Well if it wasnt you...maybe your twin?  :smilielol: