News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Glovebox door popping open under hard acceleration

Started by Ghoste, February 05, 2011, 01:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

This seems to be a problem in any Mopar I've had, is this just he nature of the beast or is there some little trick to cure it?

Charger RT

not sure what year your talking about but saw a thread saying they used 2 differant latches this is the thread.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,43589.0.html
my 68 has no issues and uses the screen door style. it sits on top not under the metal like the wire one
Tim

Ghoste

I've experienced it with the 67, a 68, and 3 -69's.  Under hard acceleration the glovebox door comes open and I've tried adjusting them.  I just wondered if there was some little trick that others were using.

68coronetGLwannabe

On my 69 I put a few little washers under the catch raising it a little. So far it hasn't popped open since. I think there was a thread on here about that.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Patronus

:iagree:

With the dash out on my '69 I noticed the latch barely engaged, try raising up the catch a little.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

A383Wing

sounds like too much power and body-dash flex is taking place....if ya really want it to stop....

put a slant 6 in it or use duct tape.....that stuff fixes everything

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

charger2fast4u

i have this problem in my 73 challenger i believe it's just in the latch assembly may be worn out or needs adjusted i close mine sometimes and it doesn't turn and lock in place all the time i keep forgetting about it one day i'll get to checking out what the problem is until then i'll keep getting  a  kick out of watching my friends and girl jumping because it scares them when it opens  :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:

FLG

Hmmmm,

You guys should put those slinky worms in there (like the ones in the prank cans) so when it pops open ya scare the crap out of the passenger  :rofl: :rofl:

Ghoste

The popping open usually seems to do that on its own. :lol: