News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

mevotech suspension components

Started by red79, January 31, 2011, 12:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red79

OK let me start off by saying that I've always bought moog components in the past and they're virtually indestructible... however, I'm doing a complete front end rebuild on my '72 and rock auto has started stocking parts made by mevotech. They look decent, not the crappy chinese castings, and from what I can glean from the internet, they're made in canada and good driver quality. They're also about 50% of the price of moog parts.

The deal is, I can save over $100 by going with mevotech over moog and my build budget could really use it in other places. Now, I'm a compulsive greaser (a few shots in every joint every 3-4 months), and I figure that might help me get by with, shall we say, 'economy' class parts. I just don't want to be cutting corners that will make it necessary to go back and redo everything in a year or two... do it once and do it right.

So, does anyone have any experience with mevotech quality, in your chargers or otherwise? any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

HOTROD

What the Hell-Dumass !

red79

ok well after more searching I still can't figure out weather or not mevotech is any good. SO, I'm volunteering for the first ever (that I can find) full mevotech on a 3rd gen charger field test. The car will be daily driven starting in a few months (I hope). So, come back in 2 years or so and I'll tell you how they last...  :2thumbs: