News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Decent but inexpensive welder (gas)

Started by FLG, January 19, 2011, 07:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

Hey Guys,

I figure i can have one for things around the house and small areas i want to do myself on the car. Can anyone recommend a inexpensive but decent welder? I dont want gasless.

:2thumbs:

Silver R/T

I got mine off of ebay years ago. It's weldmark 140 (it's by Hobart/Milller) and it's great welder. I don't remember exactly how much I've paid but less than what I would've paid locally.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Rolling_Thunder

I hit up my local craigslist and got a slightly used Hobart 135 for $250.00    came with a small tank on gas and a full spool of .035 wire...         
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

FLG

Looked on craigslist and couldnt find anything worth while, the search continues.

gtx6970

Same here, All I can find is gasless ( don't want ) used ones in the $750 and up range.

I wouldn't mind something in the $250 range , hooking it to 220 is not a problem either

FLG

Same here Bill,

A bunch of gasless and not at very good prices either  :brickwall:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

FLG

Yep silver..nothing local thats worth while.

Craigslist comes up with nothing but crap as well.

:brickwall:

green69rt

Try this, but read the reviews first,  I have no experience with this brand.  Pricew seems decent.

http://www.eastwood.com/review/product/list/id/5133/category/124/?p=2

Chatt69chgr

You may not want to spend this much but the little Miller 140 autoset is on sale now from BR Welder in Md. for $660  WelderSource out of Louisville, KY has it too.  I ordered my Miller from WelderSource.  Availability of parts down the line and consumables right now are important factors.  The Weldersource folks will match others legitimate prices.  I got my Hypertherm from them too.  Also, name brand stuff commands a better price when and if you decide to upgrade later or just sell. 

41husk

The Hobbart is made by Miller and runs a few hundred less for coparable models.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Troy

You can find the Hobart 140 brand new for not a whole lot of money. Check out Indiana Oxygen Company and Northern Tool on eBay for free shipping. Northern Tool has the Hobart 140 Mig kit for $487 right now. I have seen some Lincoln and Miller welders on Craigslist but, a lot of times, the prices are still higher than or close to what I could buy them new for. Lots are the Home Depot or Lowes branded units so you know they paid retail.

For what it's worth, I spent $230 to get the old Hobart 120 I'm using right now back in working condition so buying used isn't always a deal.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.