News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Now this is cool!!!!! Great idea,We need more of these!!!

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, January 14, 2011, 10:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Indoor dragracing!!!!!Was along time ago,and never heard of anything like this.Anyone remember this?????

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2854993

Aero426

It was a short lived deal in Chicago, and as you can see, a very short course.   The area where the Chicago Amphitheatre was is not the best part of town these days.   They also raced stock cars inside the stadium at Soldier Field where the Bears play.   

Shakey

That is pretty cool - can you imagine the sound!   :2thumbs:

68X426

You gotta love the hay bales! As though they were of any use should the driver miss the exit door. :smilielol:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

BrianShaughnessy

Oh gross...  I clicked on a f'ing POS honda site  :errr:

Meanwhile,   most areas ( um, like around here ) can't even get those 100 foot drags going due to insurance or not figuring out that they have to grease palms to get things done.  ::)

There were 1/8 mile street car drags at a local airport last September... I had to work that day. http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101018/LIFE02/10180301.    See link to pictures and youtube video on that page.     
George was there... they had to stop several times to let planes take off and land  :lol:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

FJ5WING

some of the comments on the link are funny....why would the arena need to be bigger now? 1/8 mile is 1/8 mile no matter what year! Maybe able to go smaller now due to the better braking abilities of all the tuner carts.

and all that leaded gas fumes weve inhaled.  :scratchchin: :eek2: :nana:
wingless now, but still around.

bull

Things were different back then. Now we watch drag racing outdoors and movies indoors.