News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

99 cirrus

Started by Bobs69, January 06, 2011, 07:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobs69

Has a 2.5v6 and tends to stall at times.  If you floor it when it starts acting up it will clear itself.  Any ideas?

BigBlackDodge

Engine light? Codes?

BBD

Bobs69

No engine light unfortunately.  I have an OBDII reader, it would be nice to have it's help.

gtx6970

1st ck the fuel system adaptives

ck your fuel pressure,preferably when it's acting up.

ck EGR operation and O2 sensors. it sounds like it going full rich , or maybe full lean and then the pcm is tyring to richen it up. as long as the system stays within it's designed paremeters it will not set a code, but your adaptives will/should point you in the right direction.

keep in mind anything anyone mentions is a guess without actually without it being in front of them and/or me

Bobs69

Yeah I realize it's best guess, just wondering if there is something generic that happens to these cars.

gtx6970

Quote from: Bobs69 on January 07, 2011, 04:37:38 PM
Yeah I realize it's best guess, just wondering if there is something generic that happens to these cars.

true,

but the fact you can catch / clear it out by accelerating tells me it's fuel related

moparstuart

I sell a bunch of fuel pumps for those models ?  could be going bad  ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Bobs69

Quote from: gtx6970 on January 07, 2011, 04:56:41 PM
Quote from: Bobs69 on January 07, 2011, 04:37:38 PM

true,

but the fact you can catch / clear it out by accelerating tells me it's fuel related

That's what I suspected at first.  I was confused by all the talk I've heard of bad distributors and so on.  I hasn't failed me in my driveway yet, that's why I haven't tried disconnecting the fuel line and having my wife crank it over........

Since it is a "spare" car maybe I'll reasemble and try it once a day till it fails!

gtx6970

The 2.5 V6 is notorius for distributer issues, but me personally have never had any issues except a no run situation. never heard or had any issues like you describe that I found to be dist related

to me if it 's a dist problem it either runs or it doesn't, SO I would be concentraiting on the fuel / injector control supply side

Bobs69

Thanks guys.  I'll focus on that.  What a car, I mean, just to get at the distributor!

Cooter

Try workin' on 'em everyday..You haven't lived till you've installed a heater core in a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"