News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

There's a gap

Started by poppa, December 31, 2010, 04:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

I grabbed this pic from another thred,sorry about your window jeffery5811. What goes here,I can almost see inside through here,between the moulding and the body ?? Happy New Year
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

ChgrSteve67

Thats the way they are, minus the broken glass.

There have been a few threads around here on the topic.

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

poppa

My thought also. Something has to go there. Or something will be...
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

FLG

Nothing goes there, that's how they are.

Silver R/T

They're all like that. Factory design flaw imo
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Patronus

mines about 1/4" off the quarter...
going to try some foam tape, or if its still on the car try foam caulk-backer
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

TylerCharger69

Agreed....they are all like that...mine is about 1/4 ich as well.  I've seen some worse to where you can actually see the rivet!  My solution is double sided weather tape in between the metal and that trim.  I've contemplated adding drip rail metal down further just to clean up the look a bit.

twodko

They are drainage openings. If you look closely at the very bottom edge of the rocker panel below these openings you'll find 2 angled "channels" through which water drains. Its a good idea to keep these unobstructed so an occasional skinny screw driver pushed through these willkeep them open and functioning.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

BBKNARF

Quote from: twodko on January 09, 2011, 03:06:57 PM
They are drainage openings. If you look closely at the very bottom edge of the rocker panel below these openings you'll find 2 angled "channels" through which water drains. Its a good idea to keep these unobstructed so an occasional skinny screw driver pushed through these willkeep them open and functioning.
:iagree: Try squirting some water in the 1/4 window hole you will see it come out the bottom rocker.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.