News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any thoughts

Started by drifter69, January 03, 2011, 07:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drifter69

All my original glass is not broken but the windshield is like looking through someones glasses and the door glass is scratched up from years of going up and down. I am going to replace the windshield and I thought I could buff out the scratches but if not will replacement glass from AMD match the factory tint on the rest of the car. All new glass is spendy and if you did go all new would you go with the greenish tint or clear. Any one buy tinted glass and have a match problem?

Cooter

I guess it would depend on whether or not the car had factory tinted windows or not as to what I'd go back with, but I tend to like the Tinted glass as anything to keep the hot sun from baking my interior I just spent a a$$load of $$$ on is a good thing...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

drifter69

I agree on the tint and I will have a $hit load of money into my interior, just wonder now if the AMD glass will match what I have. Not to worried about the windshield but the side glass might stand out if the tint is a little diffrent.

bull

I've read a few reviews on AMD glass (type AMD glass into the search box) but so far all of them have been by buyers who bought full sets. All the reviews have been positive.

It's going to be a bit of a crapshoot no matter what route you go if you're only buying 1 or 2 pieces. I wouldn't believe anyone who tells me they can match the exact tint of a 40+ year old piece of glass but I imagine AMD would come as close as anyone could.

Patronus

Once you buy/install one piece you'll want them all done. Quite amazing how much you notice new glass, especially from the inside! I bought a complete set of AMD tinted and am happy. It looks good without being too green. About the only gripe I have is the top 2" of the door glass has some ripples in it.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE