News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best way to install wheel stud on rear axle

Started by ACUDANUT, December 30, 2010, 02:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

I have not done this in 20 years...Can anyway remind me...Without pulling rear axle !!  :shruggy:

BlueSS454

I used a big C clamp and an old deep socket over the stud and pressed it in.  You could also try using a standard open lug nut and put it on upside down to draw it though, but that may or may not work depending on how tight the splines are.
Tom Rightler

charger2fast4u

the way i put new studs in my rear axle was to get a open end lug nut and some washers and put the stud through the axle then put washers on and the lug nut and tightened the nut up to draw it through. i also heard of people using the c clamp method like bluess454 mentioned

ACUDANUT

I didn't mention that  :shruggy:...
I am concerned about the wheel stud trying to spin and I try and tighten it up.

charger2fast4u

my bad put wrong name as long as your holes in the axle arent in rough shape and to oversized you should be able to draw the new studs right in without having to worry about the stud spinning. just make sure you get the right diameter studs and you should be fine.

John_Kunkel

And, however you choose to install it, check the lugnut torque periodically after it's been run for a while; the lug stud tends to seat a little further after use.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

ACUDANUT