News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is it really a 360?

Started by DustinSimmonds, December 25, 2010, 02:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DustinSimmonds

Hey guys, does anyone know how I can tell the size of my engine in my Charger. I started looking up the parts but they are kinda mismatched like the carb is off an 80's off roading truck. Anyone have advice for me?

vancamp

it will be cast into the side of the block.

DustinSimmonds

Oh, Thanks! What should I be looking for?

myaerocars

front the bottom side of the engine you should see a series of numbers   and they will have either 318, 340 or 360 .

Godspeed,
JON

DustinSimmonds

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it! I went and looked at the numbers on the side of the block and they are as follows; 400830-360-8. The 360 means that it is a 360 Cubic Inch, right?

Cooter

Yep.....There should be a casting date on there as well...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

DustinSimmonds

Alrighty, Thanks for the help guys! I really appreciate it. I know it was a dumb question but I just wanted to be sure.

Cooter

Nu such thing my butha from anotha mutha...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"