News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is it worth? WIW? 3rd Gen K-Frame

Started by Grim Jhaixus, December 22, 2010, 05:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim Jhaixus

I'm getting tired of everyone getting offended when I offer $300.

I need a 73 440 K-Frame for my conversion. I'm pulling a 440 out of a 73 New Yorker, completely rebuilding it, and then installing it into a 73 318 Charger. I can't go with the custom motor mounts because I'm also installing a Ford style rack and pinion steering system.

I just need to know how much this K-Frame is worth. It's not cast from gold. It doesn't have to be spotless and pretty, just undamaged.
"Scars" 1973 Base 318/904 Originally B5

Married on November 23rd, 2009
Fried all the electricals two weeks after purchase
Set on fire ~twice~
Overheated til it would diesel a full five minutes ~twice~

Never once didn't start, never stranded me, never once did not take me where I needed to go. Daily driver of 4+ years.

Currently undergoing 413/727 swap after I finally beat the 318 til it lost a headgasket. The kicker is the 318 still cranks and runs like nothing is wrong. I love my ca

greasyspider

$300 is more than I'd pay. But thats just me.
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

Wicked72

I have one I am selling. but its off my 72. i wonder if it would work?
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Grim Jhaixus

I thought $300 was generous.

And sadly no, a 71-72 K-Frame is a different shape. I've been told a 75-78 K-Frame would fit fine but I don't know if it would fit with the aftermarket steering rack so thats a no-go as well. Thanks though.

Set on fire ~twice~

Never once didn't start, never stranded me, never once did not take me where I needed to go. Daily driver of 4+ years.

Currently undergoing 413/727 swap after I finally beat the 318 til it lost a headgasket. The kicker is the 318 still cranks and runs like nothing is wrong. I love my ca

twinscrew698

More than i would of paid!
I think i paid 75.00 for mine!

FLG

I agree, 75$ and id go as high as 125$ for one in exceptional shape.

Where are you located?

Grim Jhaixus

Northwest Florida, Panama City. It was actually here on site that I made such an offending offer.

Thanks for your input.

Set on fire ~twice~