News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

30 days left ....

Started by Mrs.Caveman, April 27, 2011, 03:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs.Caveman

Hi Guys

Finally we got our Charger :drool5: :drool5: after 4 moths

I have got 30 days left to our wedding and I wanna get interior done by then. I will get the carpet done myself and I would like to get some pictures and advice.I know it would be easier to get it done by a pro but I want to do it myself.

I need two new dresses to buy  :2thumbs: one is the weddingdresses and one is the overalls :2thumbs:
Veronika

PocketThunder

Carpet is very easy to put in,  just pull the seats and sill plates and lay it down and measure twice, cut once.   :Twocents: 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

resq302

recovering the seats is fairly easy to do also if you have the hog ring pliers and stretching pliers for pulling the material.  Hell, if I can do my own seats, anyone can do it.  If you run into a bind, a buddy of mine that does upholstery has a quick video on how to do it.

http://www.onlineupholsteryandmore.com/demos.aspx
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Just 6T9 CHGR

Congrats on the purchase & the upcoming wedding! :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BIGBLCK11

:2thumbs: Congrats and we need pics!

Roger 68 charger

:cheers:   welcome and congrats!!    :cheers:
68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

Bob T

Great stuff   :2thumbs:  , good to hear Mrs Caveman and congrats on the upcoming nuptials.
Somebody might mention pictures soon  :lol:

:cheers:  Bob
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

bull

:2thumbs: Everything about this thread is cool.

I gotta say though, might it be too much for yout to try to plan a wedding, a honeymoon (I assume) and restore a Charger's interior? That's potentially a lot of stress at a time you don't need it.

Hemidog

cavemanno1

thanks guys in the name of my better half:)she is stripping the seats out getting rid of the rust and paint it then put some insulation down and the carpet!im unfortuantely 2000km away and cant help her!the seats and the whole interior gonna be done by a pro upholsery guy!he does most of the american cars here in hungary!

Mrs.Caveman

Hi Guys

our Charger interior before and after a weekend not ready because of bad weather ....... : :cheers:

Mrs.Caveman

before...

Mrs.Caveman

After

Mrs.Caveman

after

Mrs.Caveman

after3

69chargerrt440

Great job, its looking good.  :2thumbs:
When your Charger is sideways, just give it more gas!

cavemanno1

it is!im pleased with the car!thanks Tate and Tim!my fiancee loves working on it!got rid of the rust painted it and cut the carpet in!today insulation,carpet then the driver seat goes to get fixed temporaly so we can take it to my future father-in law to fix the breaks!this car is better then we hoped!

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69chargerrt440

No problem cavemanno1, were glad you like it and we will try to find those parts for you.  :2thumbs:
When your Charger is sideways, just give it more gas!

no40jm

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!!!!!
"If you chop your own fire wood it will warm you twice."
"The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right." HF