News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

window felts and new quarters?

Started by Patronus, December 16, 2010, 06:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patronus

Installed some new quarter panels on a '69 (AMD) and am finally getting around to the glass and the rear 1/4 window felts, but hardly any of the felt clips line up with the holes in the new quarters. Not a big deal, but thought I would ask if anyone else has had this demon? I guess I will drill new holes  :shruggy:
Would anyone have a pic of the exterior 1/4 window felts installed? Or better yet a pic of the measurements to the clips on your felts? I have PUI brand part #F496..
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

BlueSS454

I had the same problem with the clips lining up with the slots in the original quarters.  I ended up leaving the felts out until I feel like dealing with that.  I did take all the clips off and went to move them, but it's ridiculously difficult to reinstall them where they need to be on the felt.
I can honestly say that redrilling the holes never crossed my mind.  I was a little irritated when I went to put them on and ran into this problem.
Tom Rightler

Patronus

yeah, sucks, cant drill new holes as the chrome has locating issues then... :brickwall:
I will call PUI and see if they're even right. (none line up) I took one clip off and it was really brittle spring steel and the tips broke off.
I was thinking some black rivets maybe...
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

BlueSS454

The only way I can see to relocate the clips is to some how make a slit in the rubber part of the felt.  I thought about using a 3/32" drill bit then bending over the little pointed part of the tabs for the clips but I don't think they will hold for some reason.
Tom Rightler

Patronus

I called em, had the wrong part.. :brickwall:
Also, I was able to remove the clips, but when I tried to straighten the very tip out they snapped off...
If anybody wants window felts for a 69 Plymouth B body let me know...
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

BlueSS454

So the Plymouth ones are different than the Dodge ones?
Tom Rightler

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE