News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

front an rear windows trim clips

Started by dodgecharger73, December 13, 2010, 06:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgecharger73

hi guys
i was wandering how to put the clips back on the front an back windows so i can put the trim back once i finish painting the car i have the windows still in the car so i can drive it i guess what im askin is do i have to have someone come out an take the windows out so i can put the clips back in an then have them put the windows back or is there a tool that i can get some where to put the clips back in without takein the windows out i hope this some what makes since. its a 73 charger
thxs

RDR838

Bad news: If you want the clips out, the glass has to go first. The clips are held in place with a screw which can only be reached with the glass out.

I have seen cars which were painted with the glass still in, the trim will cover it later. But it'd be better to remove the windshield and rear window as you'll most likely find rust under the weatherstrip which should be dealt with.

71_Charger_R/T

I don't think your window clips are held in with screws.  :icon_smile_question: They should be little "studs" that look like.......

all you have to do is push them on with the stud in the slot of the clip. (I used a paint stick with a slot cut in the center of the end to push on the bottom lip of the clip and straddle the stud , that way they seated all the way down nicely.)