News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wow... Govier is a brave soul on moparts....

Started by hemi68charger, February 06, 2012, 02:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dudedart

met him twice and he was everything i expected. hes corvette man 1st and formost. he was a parts dealer i believe for gm. the founder of winged warriors started this decoding and inspecting trend and gave it up, goiver seen there was money in mopars and jumped on board, never stating his love for zora's toys. he isnt doing a single thing a person with half a brain can do for themself. if there isnt money involved, hes not involved. is there anything hes getting paid for that a person cant find online or with the help of true fellow mopar lovers? he's simply waiting for info to turn up in warehouses, examines it and determines what to say about it. he stated a few years ago there was NO slant six 3spd manual on the coloum chargers made, now his little book states 6 were made. use your head and save some money. be american support american, real men drive mopars!

Fred

Quote from: Dino on June 28, 2012, 04:36:40 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on June 28, 2012, 01:12:49 PM
I wonder....

If you sit in the driver's seat of that car, hold the wheel, close your eyes while rubbing your ass side to side on the vinyl, do you gain any special Mopar knowledge?   :shruggy:

You sure do:  Don't rub your butt on vinyl, especially when the humidity is low!  

Yeah, all that static can cause sparks!  :D
And should you happen to let one go................you could set yourself on fire!!!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Ghoste

While I'm not Galen's biggest fan by any stretch, I am curious as to when he was a Corvette man and a parts dealer for GM?  I first met him in 1981 and he was definitely a Mopar guy back then.  He was also into decoding at that time.  It might also interest you to know that he did it for a number of years NOT for money but for the love of the hobby and that he freely shared his knowledge so I'm not sure where the statement about jumping on the bandwagon when he smelled a buck came from.  He was doing it well before the big musclecar price jump.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Ghoste on June 29, 2012, 07:20:45 AM
While I'm not Galen's biggest fan by any stretch, I am curious as to when he was a Corvette man and a parts dealer for GM?  I first met him in 1981 and he was definitely a Mopar guy back then.  He was also into decoding at that time.  It might also interest you to know that he did it for a number of years NOT for money but for the love of the hobby and that he freely shared his knowledge so I'm not sure where the statement about jumping on the badwagon when he smelled a buck came from.  He was doing it well before the big musclecar price jump.

I'm not a fan either, but I have the same opinion.  Most likely he was doing this as a side job for some extra cash, and then got so busy decided to do it full time.  I commend someone that get's money for something they love to doing.  I'm sure it wasn't all peaches and roses for him at the beginning.   

Remember, it's not like he's calling you up and selling door to door.  If you want his service, call him, if you don't, don't.    :Twocents:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Old Moparz

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on June 29, 2012, 08:10:48 AM
While I'm not Galen's biggest fan by any stretch, I am curious as to when he was a Corvette man and a parts dealer for GM?  I first met him in 1981 and he was definitely a Mopar guy back then.  He was also into decoding at that time.  It might also interest you to know that he did it for a number of years NOT for money but for the love of the hobby and that he freely shared his knowledge so I'm not sure where the statement about jumping on the badwagon when he smelled a buck came from.  He was doing it well before the big musclecar price jump.

I'm not a fan either, but I have the same opinion.  Most likely he was doing this as a side job for some extra cash, and then got so busy decided to do it full time.  I commend someone that get's money for something they love to doing.  I'm sure it wasn't all peaches and roses for him at the beginning.   

Remember, it's not like he's calling you up and selling door to door.  If you want his service, call him, if you don't, don't.    :Twocents:

Remember now, this post is from the same person who decided that Big Willie's death was a blessing to Daytona Chargers. I also remember GG doing this way back before there even was a bandwagon.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Ghoste

Yes I noted the connection to the other thread as well.  Perhaps in this case he means Roger Gibson?

TUFCAT

Galen once worked at a parts counterman at a Pontiac dealer in his home town if I recall correctly.

69CoronetRT

For all his faults, he did bring the white books to market as well as the Options and Accessories reports; two very important documents to the hobby.

If you think you can do what he does and do it better...go for it. No one is stopping anyone from providing the same service. Competition is good.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

dudedart

While I'm not Galen's biggest fan by any stretch, I am curious as to when he was a Corvette man and a parts dealer for GM?  I first met him in 1981 and he was definitely a Mopar guy back then.  He was also into decoding at that time.  It might also interest you to know that he did it for a number of years NOT for money but for the love of the hobby and that he freely shared his knowledge so I'm not sure where the statement about jumping on the bandwagon when he smelled a buck came from.  He was doing it well before the big musclecar price jump.

so you know him from 1981 and didnt know he worked for g.m. ? he quit his job in 1990 to start g.t.s., you didnt notice him working in paint and body, parts guy and service manager for those 9 years? plenty of people doing it for free than and now, notice that ?

Ghoste

No I didn't.  Never saw him bringing Corvettes to the Mopar meets either.  Anyway lucky for me you set me straight and now I know he was never a Mopar guy.  Sure do wish you had come on here sooner to set us straight on all of these people.  Next thing you know you're going to be telling me that Ronnie Sox raced Mercury's or Chevs or something.
As for people doing it for free, as I pointed out he was doing it for free back then as well and even though I am clearly no where nearly as smart as you are, believe it or not even a dolt like me actually DID notice there are people doing it for free today.  Can you imagine that?  Even someone as stupid as me noticed it.  

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Ghoste on June 29, 2012, 11:32:10 PM
  Next thing you know you're going to be telling me that Ronnie Sox raced Mercury's or Chevs or something.

Ronnie Sox was a butcher. He cut up cars to make them go faster. :rotz:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Ghoste

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Ghoste on June 29, 2012, 11:40:18 PM
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

<Paul Harvey> It's True....

Ronnie Sox actually removed a part from a car one time so he could go faster. :rotz:

68X426

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on June 29, 2012, 11:45:01 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on June 29, 2012, 11:40:18 PM
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

<Paul Harvey> It's True....

Ronnie Sox actually removed a part from a car one time so he could go faster. :rotz:

Don't know what that has to do with the used car guy, but that is some funny shit right there.  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Ghoste

It's bleed-over from another thread.  We're getting trolled on two fronts. :lol:

bill440rt

Lemme get this straight...

Ronnie Sox cut up Corvettes???     :o :o      For FREE?!?!?!?   :faint:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Robert96

I just got done reading all this stuff which is new to me and....... This is funny S**t. I met GG once in the early eighties and talked on the phone with him once about the same period. He seemed like a decent guy back then, didn't ask for any money. I haven't had any contact since and reading this I can't believe how big a name he has become. I was away from the hobby for a few years and find this drama mind blowing. I have always been able to find any info. I need from us average guys. How much money does this guy make doing this stuff? I must be in the wrong business.

ChgrSteve67

I predict that one day he will put "his registry" up on ebay for sale.

10 Mil "Buy it now"

69CoronetRT

Quote from: bill440rt on June 30, 2012, 07:20:02 AM

I would. No charge.

68X426

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on July 27, 2012, 11:17:42 PM
I predict that one day he will put "his registry" up on ebay for sale.

10 Mil "Buy it now"

Great one Steve!

And then maybe the buyer makes Galen wait 18 months for his bad karma payment.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

tan top

Quote from: bill440rt on June 30, 2012, 07:20:02 AM
Lemme get this straight...

:o   :lol:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html