News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct Brake booster and master cylinder for 67 Charger

Started by gibber, November 15, 2010, 06:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibber

I'm well into the restoration of my 67 Charger and want to return the power brake booster/MC setup to original. Any idea where I could look? I know the MC and booster on the car now are not original.

Thanks,

Mark
Mark Gibson
1966 and 67 Charger, 1968 D200 Pickup
Mopar Gauge Troubles? I can help!
www.thegaugedoc.com

Ghoste

gibber

Sorry, guess I should have noted that,  all drum brakes...

Mark
Mark Gibson
1966 and 67 Charger, 1968 D200 Pickup
Mopar Gauge Troubles? I can help!
www.thegaugedoc.com

471_Magnum

As far as the boosters go, those original cores are all but gone. Unless you're lucky enough to find a store with old inventory, what you'll get through any parts store is an aftermarket replacement that looks nothing like the original. They might even show the original in the picture, but when it comes in and you open the box, you'll find an aftermarket booster.

You can get them, but you'll have to go to one of the specialty places, and it will cost the proverbial arm and a leg.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."