News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Topgear debuts with the viper duel in my town!!

Started by Landonsrt, November 21, 2010, 10:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Landonsrt

We'll see how it turns out.... The chase scene was all filmed here where I live.

ChgrSteve67

Did the local police know that there was a seek and destroy game happening on public streets?

I'm thinking there was a lot of TV editing going on.

Kind of hard to keep a low profile with camera trucks all around you.

moparstuart

wasnt as bad as i figured it would be ,  wasnt funny ,  hope it gets alot better  ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

FLG

Same here stu! Didnt enjoy it very much but wasnt soo bad.

ChgrSteve67

Its a take off British humor so some things will be lost in the translation.  Like the TV show "the Office"

If you watch the original Top Gear (still shown on BBCA) what you will probably miss out on with the new version is the bashing of American cars.

I like seeing them run the crap out of cars I will never get to drive.
I like the British version because they test cars that are not sold in NA

For me any car show is a good show as long as its not about crushing or wrecking old cars.

Brock Samson

moparstuart

ChgrSteve67

Landonsrt

Gee, be a smartass much???? dont like it, you dont have to post....

And yes, They went waaaay out of their way for something that was a straight shot. They posted several notes on the cities website about low flying helicopters to not be alarmed by the site of a military helicopter searching the city.

Old Moparz

I saw it over the weekend & thought it was okay, but not humorous like the British version. I loved how they abused the Viper & would love to get a chance to do that myself.  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

ChgrSteve67

I was watching Top Gear on BBCA yesterday and the guys bought three Alfa Romeo for under a thousand pounds each. All three were close to being complete piles of crap. First they has to race them on a local track against other race cars and then a few days later they were told they had to have the cars judged in a Concourse show. The gear box was going out of one car (very noisy), another lost its water pump so a manual hand pump and water bottle was hooked up to keep the car from over heating and the last was in relatively ok shape. After a while the handle for the pump broke and the car quicky overheated and died. The car that was in ok shape they spread cheese all over the engine so it would smell bad and almost impossible to clean up. By the time they make it to the show 2 of the three cars were being towed in and one guy got a score of 9 out of 1000 or something.  I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

If the American version is half this funny it will defiantly take off in popularity.

I work by the Old Mather AFB and the Gov's Office of Emergency services is across the street. So they use the old air field as a staging and take off area for homeland security practice operations. We get notices from time to time not to be alarmed with all of the helicopters, planes and emergency personnel playing war games around town.  

Would have been fun to watch them film the episode.

Brock Samson

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on November 22, 2010, 12:46:33 PM
Just wait till the next one.
                You mean the next thread or the next Show?..

Quote from: Landonsrt on November 23, 2010, 07:52:57 AM
Gee, be a smartass much???? dont like it, you dont have to post....

And yes, They went waaaay out of their way for something that was a straight shot. They posted several notes on the cities website about low flying helicopters to not be alarmed by the site of a military helicopter searching the city.

So, were you there for the filming?..  :shruggy: Any further details to impart?..
                    And yep, I am a "smart ass".   :icon_smile_wink:

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 23, 2010, 02:40:45 PM
Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on November 22, 2010, 12:46:33 PM
Just wait till the next one.

You mean the next thread or the next Show?..

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 23, 2010, 02:40:45 PM

And yep, I am a "smart ass".   :icon_smile_wink:

Yes, Yes and Yep    :nana:

Landonsrt

No, unfortunately I work in south Atlanta and I didn't find out about the filming until the day of. It's just odd to see places you drive everyday on tv like that. Several movies have been filmed there over the years. Fried Green Tomatoes, Driving Miss Daisy, Kalifornia. When they took off from the bridge, they went in the completely wrong direction. It was all for show. And the managed not to show much of the ghetto that surrounds the airport...

aussiemuscle

I thought it was better than Top Gear Australia (not as cringe inducing), but it seemed more scripted than TGUK. Maybe their presenters are just more wooden? how do you feel about your TV being 'dumbed down'? i found it funny that 'Star in a reasonably priced car' was too complex, so they renamed it "Big Star, Little Car".  :smilielol:

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on November 22, 2010, 11:21:49 AM
Its a take off British humor so some things will be lost in the translation. 

It's a franchise of the show, none of the scripts get re-used so there is NO U.K humor in it. they just copied the style and format of the UK show.

Landonsrt

I will agree with the scripted part. On the UK version, they seem to have a better time in the studio. The US version, you could almost see them reading the que cards.

451-74Charger

To use a Brit expression,
I though it was a load of old tosh !!

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

68blue

Too bad Bill Hickman is not still around, he probably would have enjoyed doing a viper chase. ;)

aussiemuscle

They should have got someone who's naturally funny and a 'car guy', ie jay leno!

Quote from: mauve66 on November 28, 2010, 12:35:06 PM
still waiting for a posted link
ok, www.finalgear.com

mauve66

thanks, it was wayyyyyy toooo much trouble for me to look it up myself, i'm usd to the government helping me................ :D
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Landonsrt

Adam Ferrara is not funny at all. And he doesn't know Jack about cars.  He couldn't even do a burn out in that 370Z in episode two. Not impressed...

moparstuart

Quote from: Landonsrt on December 01, 2010, 01:44:05 PM
Adam Ferrara is not funny at all. And he doesn't know Jack about cars.  He couldn't even do a burn out in that 370Z in episode two. Not impressed...
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:   totally agree  that dude is worthless to the show .   

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: moparstuart on December 01, 2010, 04:14:40 PM
Quote from: Landonsrt on December 01, 2010, 01:44:05 PM
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:   totally agree  that dude is worthless to the show .   

Definately no Value Added

First Season is probably already in the can. Maybe there is hope for a replacement next season. I there is a next season.