News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new radiator has arrived!

Started by sixty8charger, November 10, 2010, 01:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixty8charger

out with the old, in with the new....  much larger 22".  4 core with a nice electric fan (custom shroud) purchased from the guys at Cool Craft.
best thing.. original mounting brackets! no cutting or nothing! and on my mock up, looks like i won't have a problem with the battery tray hitting it.

Original was for the 318.. any one need one? can be rebuilt! serial number is....2898038. PM me if your interested.
Jayson

sixty8charger

now all i need is new transmission cooling lines..  the originals.. well they got.. cut.  i couldn't loosen them from the original radiator.. so i chopped them in half near the fitting .. then took the piece off the radiator..

anyone know a good place to get new lines?
Jayson

gtx6970

Quote from: sixty8charger on November 10, 2010, 02:03:01 PM
now all i need is new transmission cooling lines..  the originals.. well they got.. cut.  i couldn't loosen them from the original radiator.. so i chopped them in half near the fitting .. then took the piece off the radiator..

anyone know a good place to get new lines?

having tried sets from both finelines and rightstuff.

I'll make my own next time

sixty8charger

oh...  dang.. i was hoping there was a simple supplier out there.. is it difficult to make new ones?
Jayson

The70RT

Quote from: sixty8charger on November 12, 2010, 08:36:41 AM
oh...  dang.. i was hoping there was a simple supplier out there.. is it difficult to make new ones?

Try inline tube
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

FLG

As long as you have a flaring tool and some line (can get at local store) you can make em yourself. Even better get a double flaring tool and you can now make your own brake lines as well. Though with some bends being a bit tough, a tubing bender wouldn't hurt either.

sixty8charger

I have been looking at Inline Tube. Has anyone used them? was thinking of purchasing the Transmission cooler lines, fuel lines 3/8 main and return, fuel tank, sending unit, straps..

Are the products of good quality?
Jayson

Back N Black

I bought fuel lines, brake lines and trans lines from in-line tube. Great fit.  :cheers:

sixty8charger

excellent! thats what i have been wanting to hear!
Jayson