News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reviewing Top Gear’s Richard Hammond ‘68 R/T Charger Review

Started by Rustymuscle, October 13, 2010, 03:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

I love Top Gear & doubt very much the American version will be as good, just like Saturday Night Live could never hold a candle to Monty Python. It's entertaining, their opinions on cars as well as what they do to them is hysterical. As far as any country that's made a car, they've made one that was junk when it was still on the showroom floor. I've been in a lot of these cars, & you couldn't give one to me. American cars like Chebbie Vegas, Ford Pintos, or the Volares & Aspens. I looked at a brand new Mercury Mountaineer (Ford Explorer twin) where the door skins flexed & shook when you closed the door too hard. Slam it & I bet it would end up in the body shop.

The foreign ones I've had the pleasures of experiencing, like Datsun 240's that rusted before they got to the end of the assembly line, or the European Ford Fiesta that had window handles snap off in your hand if you rolled them up too fast. Some of my friends & their parents have had VWs, including Rabbits, Bugs & Jettas, all of which were smoking, rattling, stalling, or sometimes just died at full speed on the highway for no reason. I remember riding in a fairly new Volvo that felt like it would explode on a hill, but also being in one that was smooth & quiet. Some countries purposely designed cars to be junk, like East Germany's Trabant or Yugoslavia's Yugo.

I think today's cars are better made in general no matter where they are from, but taste, preference, & whether you feel comfortable in something, is going to be an individual choice.

:Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Marck

Quote from: elacruze on October 22, 2010, 09:10:40 AM
Boo hoo my charger is my life and I'll defend it to the death, Truth be damned.

Amused,

Eric

Hehehe :smilielol:

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 23, 2010, 08:26:21 AM
I love Top Gear & doubt very much the American version will be as good, just like Saturday Night Live could never hold a candle to Monty Python. It's entertaining, their opinions on cars as well as what they do to them is hysterical. As far as any country that's made a car, they've made one that was junk when it was still on the showroom floor. I've been in a lot of these cars, & you couldn't give one to me. American cars like Chebbie Vegas, Ford Pintos, or the Volares & Aspens. I looked at a brand new Mercury Mountaineer (Ford Explorer twin) where the door skins flexed & shook when you closed the door too hard. Slam it & I bet it would end up in the body shop.

The foreign ones I've had the pleasures of experiencing, like Datsun 240's that rusted before they got to the end of the assembly line, or the European Ford Fiesta that had window handles snap off in your hand if you rolled them up too fast. Some of my friends & their parents have had VWs, including Rabbits, Bugs & Jettas, all of which were smoking, rattling, stalling, or sometimes just died at full speed on the highway for no reason. I remember riding in a fairly new Volvo that felt like it would explode on a hill, but also being in one that was smooth & quiet. Some countries purposely designed cars to be junk, like East Germany's Trabant or Yugoslavia's Yugo.

I think today's cars are better made in general no matter where they are from, but taste, preference, & whether you feel comfortable in something, is going to be an individual choice.

:Twocents:
did you watch this week when they made campers   OMG   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Brock Samson

c00nhunterjoe

The bottom line is if the charger is just a yank tank then he wouldn't have bought it

Landonsrt

But like Jeremy clarkson says, Richard Hammond is a secret American.

68 RT

Quote from: mikesbbody on October 18, 2010, 06:00:04 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on October 17, 2010, 11:55:28 PM
Once thing is the "American proud", what is nice, but sometimes the true needs to be honored guys

The "Truth" for me is that UK/European cars are junk that is from my experience and owning way too many you are welcome to your opinion I have a question though for anyone who say's American car's are no good, handle like crap etc WHY DO YOU OWN A CHARGER? espicially since European cars are so "superior"? why don't you sell your car to someone who truely appreciates it for what it is?
Mefirst, you should be driving a bmw and spend the rest of your free time in the sauna with a bunch of hairy, sweaty men you f....n idiot

I agree! Also It seems like there are alot more people overseas that want American muscle/classic cars than people in the USA that want to import older overseas cars.  :cheers:

Nacho-RT74

I don't think... you'll see more European Cars riding into USA ( Mercedes is just an example ), than American cars into Europe. The only cars wished to be exported to Europe are Classic muscle, and is not for the handle, safety or quality, is just for the looks and powertrain parts availability to make them stronger and faster. Is just about fashion.

Is just than an American guy NORMALLY doesn't search a classic European car to import unless some really valuable piece.

Normally mid class European cars are not valuable, fashion or powerfull, they are utility cars, but more handling and safe ( average ), and thats not on the American taste. Mid Class American cars are totally opositte.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Brock Samson

Hey,.. Don't Richard Hammond remind you of the Mexican in Boondocks Saints II?... Clifton Collins Jr?...  :scratchchin:

BTW: Julie Benze, Dexter's late wife Rita... (spoiler alert  :shruggy:) is in it too...  :drool5:

jus,.. sayin'...  :shruggy:

more of her here...
http://www.ign.com/videos/2009/10/28/julie-benz-stars-interview-julie-benz-video-chat?objectid=914370