News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Motor mount bolt set

Started by bull, October 26, 2010, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Does anyone sell bolt kits for all the motor mount fasteners? Or, does anyone have a list of sizes and lengths so I can do it myself? Are they typically all grade 8 bolts?

Thanks. :cheers:

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 26, 2010, 01:46:39 PM
www.megapartsusa.com

Do you have a link to the actual part because I checked with them before posting and didn't see anything.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

bull

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 26, 2010, 04:17:28 PM
Quote from: bull on October 26, 2010, 04:14:42 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 26, 2010, 01:46:39 PM
www.megapartsusa.com

Do you have a link to the actual part because I checked with them before posting and didn't see anything.

http://www.megapartsusa.com/products.asp?cat=5&pg=3

Thanks. I just found it while you were posting this apparently.

bull

You know, I just can't seem to conjure up a good reason to pay $20 for two bolts.

terrible one

Quote from: bull on October 29, 2010, 01:48:26 AM
You know, I just can't seem to conjure up a good reason to pay $20 for two bolts.

You shouldn't! Got all mine from the local fastener store. The ones that bolt the mount to the k frame and the ones that mount it to the block. I will get you the lengths, etc. tonight

Charger-Bodie

It all depends on how picky you are about things looking right. Myself ,I could stand a hardware store bolt ,but to each his own.

terrible one

Very true. If you do choose to go the hardware store route I went out and measured for you.

To start, I'm pretty sure all are 7/16" diameter but I couldn't get a good angle to measure so you should check the hole sizes.

They are all 5/8" hex head. The bolts on the ears of the block are fine thread, and the two that bolt through the k frame are coarse thread.

The two k frame bolts are 4.5" long.

On the drivers side, the top two are 2" long and 1.5" long. The lower one is 5" long.

On the passenger side, the top two are 2" long and 1.5" long, and the lower one is 2" long.

+flat washers for the ones on the block ears. The k-frame ones thread into the motor mount.

greenpigs

Quote from: bull on October 29, 2010, 01:48:26 AM

I go to Lows all the time, looking for some stainless plugs for the firewall curently. Not sure of what there name is but the back is serated & you spread that out to hold the plug.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free