News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Calling on Ron

Started by chargd72, October 29, 2010, 11:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

Ron,
I found this quote from you a few years ago and wanted to see if it were still valid.  

"The oil rating has changed from a CI-4 to a CJ-4. The older CI-4 formulation as you can see is much better. If you find some of the (CI-4) grab all of it !   If you're using the CJ-4 (new stuff) then you must use EOS or something similar."

I found an oil that says it exceeds CI-4 and CI-4 plus standards.  It's Castrol Tection Extra and it's amount of Zinc is 1218 and Phosph is 1125.  Is this good enough to not use any other additives?

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

firefighter3931

Quote from: chargd72 on October 29, 2010, 11:53:28 AM
Ron,
I found this quote from you a few years ago and wanted to see if it were still valid.  

"The oil rating has changed from a CI-4 to a CJ-4. The older CI-4 formulation as you can see is much better. If you find some of the (CI-4) grab all of it !   If you're using the CJ-4 (new stuff) then you must use EOS or something similar."

I found an oil that says it exceeds CI-4 and CI-4 plus standards.  It's Castrol Tection Extra and it's amount of Zinc is 1218 and Phosph is 1125.  Is this good enough to not use any other additives?

Yep, that is fine to use "as is"....1200ppm zinc is the magic number  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

chargd72

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs