News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

six pack-tunnel ram???

Started by ernie, December 29, 2012, 04:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ernie

the fater market edelbrock high rise tunnel ram six pack intake has a top section that unbolts, is the gasket available for that intake anywhere nad also on the daytona headlight buckets do they have a spring on the end as on superbirds?

ernie

JB400

Dunno about the headlight buckets, but you might want to check the Edelbrock website for a gasket.  They don't have a Mopar tunnel ram listed, but they do have the chevy.  Maybe, they will be the same :shruggy:  If not, you can get a piece of gasket material from your parts store and simply trace it out and make one.  That part might be considered outdated and replacement gaskets aren't available, making one might be your best bet.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/gaskets/misc.shtml

odcics2

Yes to the spring. Make a gasket if you can't find one.   :iagree:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

ernie

the area where the gasket should be is very large, also where does the spring go on the headlamp buckets and what type of spring is used?

hemigeno

Quote from: ernie on December 29, 2012, 11:53:29 AM
where does the spring go on the headlamp buckets and what type of spring is used?

It's a coil-type spring, which mounts to the end of the headlamp pod's shaft.  My spring wasn't "wound up" when this photo was taken, but the tab bolted to the Z-brace sorta dangling there (with a hole in the end) is what holds the tang and provides the anchor point for the spring.

talkiemopar

What are a pair of NOS springs worth.  :whistling: :think: :soapbox: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:  Rick.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

odcics2

Quote from: talkiemopar on December 31, 2012, 10:59:22 PM
What are a pair of NOS springs worth.  :whistling: :think: :soapbox: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:  Rick.

Put them on ebay with no reserve!   The public will vote!   :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

maxwellwedge

Those springs are so much fun to work with!  :lol: