News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headliner tack-strip Ques????

Started by CornDogsCharger, October 22, 2010, 08:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CornDogsCharger

Got a couple questions about the tack-strip pieces that go around the inside of the back window and hold the headliner in place.  First ques is for the Superbird.  Is it a Superbird only part or did it come off another car?  Second ques, what tack-strip is used on the 500/Daytona?  Third ques, for everyone that uses the Vega hatch as a window plug, what tack-strip is best to use and how are you mounting it?  Thanks in advance!

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Charger-Bodie

On my Vega hatch install I used the tooth strips from a 70 b body 4 door. It still needed some modification,but adapted up nice and easy. I had to add a little to the sides,I used the ones from the Charger rear window to make up that difference. It is shown with a little more detail in my thread.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

dreamcatcher

On my SB I used a 70 charger tooth strip.I had to trim mine a bit but it worked out perfect.I thought the head liner would be a head ache  :smilielol: mine went up perfect and was easy.Good Luck!
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!