News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rhino Top instead of Vinyl top?

Started by sixty8charger, October 15, 2010, 04:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixty8charger

this idea was brought to me and i am considering it. Rhino Lining has new products that are much smoother than the first line products.
They have all sorts of colors. but i am only interested in black.

My top is pretty rusted under the vinyl and i would never like to work on the top again after i get it completed.  Rhino lining will prevent it from rusting and will still look pretty good...

Does this sound line a good idea?
Jayson

Charger-Bodie

IMHO it will look terrible. THe stuff holds dirt too . It will always look brown and the color will soon fade as do almost all sparay bed liners when exposed to the sun alot.

If you fix any and all rust , prepare it and paint it the way it should be it will last a very very long time.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

Maybe, if you put vinyl over the rhino. If that's even possible. I think it would look pretty screwy on its own.

Silver R/T

If bird craps on it you will have hard time getting if off, that's for sure
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Khyron

Quote from: Silver R/T on October 16, 2010, 01:08:40 PM
If bird craps on it you will have hard time getting if off, that's for sure

convenient, it will hold crap and look like crap too.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

sixty8charger

Jayson

Charger1970

Didn't late 60's/early 70's Dodge pickups have something similar to a Rhino Liner top?
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

sixty8charger

Jayson

1970Moparmann

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 15, 2010, 04:12:04 PM
IMHO it will look terrible. THe stuff holds dirt too . It will always look brown and the color will soon fade as do almost all sparay bed liners when exposed to the sun alot.

If you fix any and all rust , prepare it and paint it the way it should be it will last a very very long time.

X2.... :yesnod:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!