News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 disc brakes...Bendix of KH?

Started by pettybird, October 21, 2010, 01:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

A friend of mine asked me today, and I thought the KH only came on the big cars...  Now I'm twisted up and it bothers me. 

hemigeno

Actually, I thought Bendix came on all 1969 disc brake passenger cars except A-bodies.  Could be wrong.

The Engineering Graphics give assembly part numbers, but don't list a manufacturer name like they do with drum brakes.  In those drawings, A-body diagram calipers look just like KH calipers appear in the Service Manual, and B/P/D/C/Y diagrams look identical to Bendix calipers.

:Twocents:

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on October 21, 2010, 02:43:33 PM
Actually, I thought Bendix came on all 1969 disc brake passenger cars except A-bodies.  Could be wrong.

The Engineering Graphics give assembly part numbers, but don't list a manufacturer name like they do with drum brakes.  In those drawings, A-body diagram calipers look just like KH calipers appear in the Service Manual, and B/P/D/C/Y diagrams look identical to Bendix calipers.

:Twocents:

I agree.. EVERY b-body/c-body I've seen in '70 and earlier had the Bendix booster if it was a factory power-assisted disc brake car........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

gtx6970

I'll assume were talking about the 4 piston fixed caliper style

Kelsey Hays on A-bodies
Bendix on B-bodies
Budd on C-bodies