News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did I just waste some money on this Ebay distributor?

Started by greenpigs, October 11, 2010, 10:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4712.m2000054&item=330441993103&viewitem=

It sounds like an ideal setup and the seller has great feedback so I don't think they would list junk. Yes I would guess it is some Chinese part, but for the price it will be worth trying. So anyone use something like this & if so what were the results. No go on the OEM style cap even though they say they carry them. So I will either wait till they get one in or buy new wires for Christmass. I have FireCore 50's now.

Your :Twocents: wanted
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

John_Kunkel

Those Chinese no-name units are identical to the Procomp 7000 series. I have one in a non-Mopar car and it quit a couple of days ago (after about 100 miles of use). After removing the control module to have it tested I found out that it's a copy of a Bosch unit from an Australian Holden Commodore and nobody can test it so it's either buy a replacement module for $43 or a replacement distributor for $44.

I hope your luck's better than mine.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

1BAD68

wow with shipping to me it would be $62.00, if it wasn't so late in the season I would get one as my old one is pretty well worn out. I might just get one anyway, what the heck.

grdprx

I got one, just fired the engine up for the first time in June..  haven't had it on the road, so I'm not sure of the longevity,  Says lifetime warranty though on your auction.  I'm hoping for the best..   :icon_smile_big:

firefighter3931

My buddy Denis has one on his 66 Charger and so far, so good. I got him a set of HEI Firecores for it and it's been running great all year  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs