News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ohio street racing law

Started by Ghoste, September 19, 2010, 08:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

QuoteYes. 

I think it's an interesting intellectual exercise to consider how things would be different if we required a supermajority to pass a law and a bare majority to repeal it.

There are possible upsides and downsides, and I've not spent any considerable amount of time deducing the ultimate consequences, but at first blush it sounds like a better system than the one we have now.

I've never even thought about the proportions of the voting rules needed.  I think we'd already be making a lot of progress if we started dedicating any man-hours to the problem at all.  We could probably keep a ton of people busy for a long time just doing non-controversial legal cleanup work. 

chargergirl

Quote from: Ghoste on October 06, 2010, 05:49:25 AM
When moron legislators write this kind of crap into law the police are obligated to act upon it no matter what the courts do after the fact.
Amen...the cops are the ultimate middle man. They HAVE to enforce the law and take the abuse of those who need to vote the nonsense out instead of complaining to the officer that had to follow the letter of the law or lose his job. We need to vote these people out. Take an active stance against all that think we have to destroy our past to get to the future.
Trust your Woobie!