News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Richard Hammond's Top 10 Muscle Cars (Top Gear)

Started by Ponch ®, October 05, 2010, 04:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Bob T

Nice selection,  Hey Ponch, dont know if you had seen it but Hammond did a segment on the 68 Charger a few seasons back, pretty good except for the last 30secs  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnLktvQlg3g
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Nacho-RT74

LOL
Then there's the Camaro, which has to be one of the most sublime-looking cars ever. Doesn't matter if it drives like a sack of s**t - it's gorgeous...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

loudmouthaussie

when i lived in london there was an article in classic american about hammonds sublime 1970 charger. very nice! that and a couple other articles on 70's in there made my mind up for me on what id hunt for when i got back downunder  :icon_smile_cool:
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

bull

Yes, Hammond has a Mopar soft spot. Jeremy Clarkson on the other hand hates pretty much every American car ever made. Although he likes the Ford GT and even though he'll complain for hours about the Viper, when he drives one it really makes him smile. I think he's ok with a Vette or two also but he's very reluctant to say anything overtly kind about the cars we build - or should I say the cars the Canadians and Mexicans build on our behalf.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: loudmouthaussie on October 05, 2010, 07:34:23 PM
when i lived in london there was an article in classic american about hammonds sublime 1970 charger. very nice! that and a couple other articles on 70's in there made my mind up for me on what id hunt for when i got back downunder  :icon_smile_cool:

He owned a 69.   The same one pictured in that top 10 list.   Then I guess he sold it.   
He also has/had a 68(?) Mustang 390GT. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Bob T on October 05, 2010, 06:12:16 PM
Nice selection,  Hey Ponch, dont know if you had seen it but Hammond did a segment on the 68 Charger a few seasons back, pretty good except for the last 30secs  :lol:

I think I vaguely remember seeing it posted up on the site - might have even been the old site - a few years ago. Of course, this was in the pre-YouTube, pre-BBC America Top Gear craze, so none of us really knew who this little English dude was. But now I get it. lol.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

moparstuart

I know they hate american cars but it still is one of the funniest shows on TV  , I love watching them especially when they all have to go buy cheap cars and compete against each other .   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bakerhillpins

That clip is awesome!  :2thumbs: When my mom started asking me questions about what makes me want a Charger.. I tried explaining it to her and then just sent her a link to the video. She stopped asking why and is now asking if I have one yet.  :lol:

Top Gear is a great show!
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Old Moparz

Quote from: moparstuart on October 06, 2010, 12:15:27 PM
  I know they hate american cars but it still is one of the funniest shows on TV  , I love watching them especially when they all have to go buy cheap cars and compete against each other .   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I agree, I think it's the best car related show that's on. :cheers:

The one they just had on recently, a rerun, was hilarious. They had to find a vehicle for $1000 or less, race from Miami to New Orleans, & compete in different events along the way. The funniest part was when they had to paint something on each others car in the deep south that would get them killed. "I hate Country Music" ....."I Like Men"..... NASCAR Sucks".

They almost did get killed when they stopped for gas & decided to wash it off to get on with the trip.  :smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 06, 2010, 12:27:32 PM
 I know they hate american cars but it still is one of the funniest shows on TV  , I love watching them especially when they all have to go buy cheap cars and compete against each other .   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The one they just had on recently, a rerun, was hilarious. They had to find a vehicle for $1000 or less, race from Miami to New Orleans, & compete in different events along the way. The funniest part was when they had to paint something on each others car in the deep south that would get them killed. "I hate Country Music" ....."I Like Men"..... NASCAR Sucks".

They almost did get killed when they stopped for gas & decided to wash it off to get on with the trip.  :smilielol:

LOL...that was epic. I think one of their cars actually had "Hillary For President" on the side (a year or two before she actually tried to run). Might have been one of the first episodes of TG I ever watched, maybe 3-4 years ago. The Stig's Fat American Cousin =  :smilielol:

moparstuart

They almost did get killed when they stopped for gas & decided to wash it off to get on with the trip.  :smilielol:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 06, 2010, 12:31:13 PM
 I know they hate american cars but it still is one of the funniest shows on TV  , I love watching them especially when they all have to go buy cheap cars and compete against each other .   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They almost did get killed when they stopped for gas & decided to wash it off to get on with the trip.  :smilielol:

LOL...that was epic. I think one of their cars actually had "Hillary For President" on the side (a year or two before she actually tried to run). Might have been one of the first episodes of TG I ever watched, maybe 3-4 years ago. The Stig's Fat American Cousin =  :smilielol:
there was a new  one on monday with the stigs german cousin

Ponch ®

Quote from: moparstuart on October 06, 2010, 12:33:47 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on October 06, 2010, 12:31:13 PM

there was a new  one on monday with the stigs german cousin

yeah, I saw that. There's also the Stig's communist cousin and the Stig's Lorry (big rig) driving cousin...who resembles the Fat American cousin an awful lot.  :lol:

Mefirst

The truck driving cousin was called "Rig Stig" :smilielol:

Check out Season 8 and Episode 6 "Top Gear Caravan Holiday" that's the most hilarious episode ever..

/Tom

moparstuart

Quote from: Mefirst on October 06, 2010, 04:16:53 PM
The truck driving cousin was called "Rig Stig" :smilielol:

Check out Season 8 and Episode 6 "Top Gear Caravan Holiday" that's the most hilarious episode ever..

/Tom
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Nacho-RT74

shame is not the complete show version... this chapter continued on the set, at a side of a purple challenger. I watched it once on youtube, but was deleted because copyright I think
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

loudmouthaussie

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on October 06, 2010, 07:12:29 AM
Quote from: loudmouthaussie on October 05, 2010, 07:34:23 PM

He owned a 69.   The same one pictured in that top 10 list.   Then I guess he sold it.   
He also has/had a 68(?) Mustang 390GT. 

oh ok. looking at his and a banana coloured 70 in same issue was what made me decide on 70 then i guess. his was up for sale at time of print which was back in '05. nice car. too bad he sold it.
clarkeson is a posh twat from oxford that wouldnt know his arse from his elbow when it comes to real style  ;)
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.