News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

tci trans

Started by Grip64, August 10, 2010, 04:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grip64

Looking for some advice here please fella's,

Going to be instailing a tci comp trans with a manual valve body in the next couple of week's,

Would i be correct in thinking i don't reinstall the kickdown linkage, and also when burning out at the strip, leave the trans in 2nd gear ?

Thanks for your reply's in advance  :2thumbs:

RD

1st - had a member here have a KABOOM moment with the tci transmission so be weary http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,71503.0.html

2nd - no need for trans linkage from carburetor

3rd - if you have a MVB with low band apply you "can" do a 1st gear burnout, but do not keep hitting for too long before you shift to 2nd.  it is still hard on the rear sprag.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

oldkimmer

.............If it a foreward pattern, use ur kd linkage..................strip only   tie back the kd lever all the way................kim........
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!