News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I think barrett jackson droped the ball on this charger!!!

Started by hemi24, September 26, 2010, 02:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi24

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330469179379&viewitem=   

MOPAR HISTORY THE LAST 1971 440 SIX PACK RT BUILT
Auction:    LAS VEGAS 2010
Sale Price:    *$82,500.00
Year:    1971
Make:    DODGE
Model:    CHARGER R/T
Style:    2 DOOR HARDTOP
Exterior Color:    BLUE
Interior Color:    BLUE
Cylinders:    8
Engine Size:    440 SIX PACK
Transmission:    3-SPEED AUTOMATIC
Summary:    440cid Six Pack, Mopar National winner. Only 28,000 original miles. This car is the latest produced '71 440-6 Charger registered in the Chrysler Registry. Original paint and original tires, this car is mint.
Details:    440cid Six Pack with original paint, original tires and matching numbers. Built with a very late June of 1971 production date as documented in the Chrysler Registry. This car is the latest produced '71 440-6 Charger registered in the Chrysler Registry. Original with only 28,000 original miles. This Charger is no stranger to the Mopar Nationals and has earned top honors in the senior B-Body class and later was concours certified. The engine compartment was recently restored with consultation from Roger Gibson to assure a high level of workmanship and exact detail to 1971 specs, tags and markings. This car has special options like 440-6 motor, Air Grabber hood, side stripe, 6-way seat, machined gun tips, bucket seats, console, Slap Stick shifter, deluxe seat belts, tachometer and 150mph speedometer. This car has been used for reference restoration to insure quality on other concours certified Chargers, it also was the centerfold for Mopar Action Magazine April 2008. Magazine and Galen Govier documentation included. This is one of the best 1971 Charger R/T 440-Six Packs.

*Price Includes Buyers Commission

Just 6T9 CHGR

Stunning car & I think the B-J selling price is about right for an automatic 6-pack car... :shruggy:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi-hampton

If it's a survivor how did the undercarriage get painted, Chrysler never painted the undercarriage's :scratchchin:  LEON.

Ghoste

I was kind of wondering the same thing about the engine bay restoration.

charge69

Did not even look at the pics but you are not correct about Chrysler "never" painting he undercarriage. My 1969 HEMI R/T was made on 3/14/1969 according to the fender tag which was a Friday , oddly  enough. It was painted completely on the undercarriage and undercoated in the wheel wells only as documented in pics of the disassembly and verified by my restorer as he would have painted it whatever way it came from the factory. :cheers:

It is kinda unusual to find a completely painted car , especially made on a Friday but , it is what it is. With Mother MOPAR , you just don't know.

P.S.  It is R6 Red , by the way and looks very nice with a painted undercarriage. :cheers:

elacruze

Hadn't thought of it, but my '68 was fully painted below, and wheelwell-only undercoating.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Ghoste

What's really strange about that is that the front undercarriage wasn't mounted until after the car was painted.  :shruggy:

Silver R/T

Quote from: elacruze on September 27, 2010, 12:39:07 AM
Hadn't thought of it, but my '68 was fully painted below, and wheelwell-only undercoating.

Same here, mine was painted and then undercoated
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hemi-hampton

I've never heard of or seen a Undercarriage completely painted by Chrysler. I know many have lots of overspray that may make it look or appear painted underneath but this is just overspray. Can anybody confirm the inside of there trans & driveshaft tunnel being painted also :scratchchin: :shruggy: LEON.