News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trunk weather seal

Started by twodko, September 23, 2010, 11:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

I've seen this post before but can't find it again. My question is: how is a new trunk lid gasket oriented? Which side of the gasket faces outward?
Did the factory use a 3M type yellow or black adhesive? Thanks folks.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bill440rt

The tapered side faces inward. The "V" is outward facing the outer edges. The weatherstrip also sits on top of the inside lip, not in the lower channel which is a common mistake.
The seam is at the trunk latch or to one side. I usually center it because I don't like the off-center look.
I've used the black adhesive with good results, although the yellow is correct for OE.
:2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

If you buy the better trunk seal its self explanatory because there is supposed to be lip that hangs over the edge all around except on the tail panel portion.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

twodko

Morning Guys,

Thank you all, its just the pix I needed. The gasket I purchased came from R/T Specialties and is dead on compared to the factory seal. I've dropped the ball on pix posts lately, but in short, we got our Q5 back from the paint shop Monday. It looks beautiful and I'll get a pix or 2 up this weekend. Appreciate the pix Just 6T9 CHGR .

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!