News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 hood stoppers?

Started by lexxman, August 29, 2010, 09:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexxman

When I was at Moparfest checking out other chargers I noticed that I'm missing the hood stopper plates.Are these separate or part of the fender?Either way I'll need a set.

green69rt

ODZKing

I always thought they came with the radiator support.  Hmm ...  :popcrn:

jaak

Quote from: ODZKing on August 29, 2010, 09:49:11 PM
I always thought they came with the radiator support.  Hmm ...  :popcrn:

I think they are attached to the rad support on a '68, but on 69's they are attached to the fender itself.

Jason

****EDIT**** found a couple of pics, '68 on top, '69 on bottom....

lexxman

It was hard to tell how they attached to the fender,but you can see there bolted to the rad support.I looked in some parts books but didn't see anything. :shruggy:

ODZKing

I just did as well.  Depends on the vehicle at least in the 67 book.  Valiant/Dart it is attached to the fender in the picture, Coronet Charger to the radiator support (or crossmember).   :shruggy:

bill440rt

Those plates are integral with the '69 fenders. They are spot welded to the fenders.

Find a pair of junk, rotted out fenders & swap the brackets to yours.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

lexxman

Quote from: bill440rt on August 31, 2010, 07:16:13 AM
Those plates are integral with the '69 fenders. They are spot welded to the fenders.

Find a pair of junk, rotted out fenders & swap the brackets to yours.
:Twocents:

That's what I guess I'll have to do,and the hunt begins. :P

lexxman

Found one the left side, :2thumbs: now I just need the right.

Brock Lee

And the 69 hood has little rectangular plates attached those stoppers rest against. 1968 hoods don't.

lexxman

Ya.68 69 70 all have different set ups.