News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

upper control arm braket is broken. What do I do ???

Started by ACUDANUT, March 15, 2006, 02:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

This is the triangle part that your Upper Ball joint screws into and has two bushing on both ends.   My problem is the braket that is welded on the frame broke away.   what can I do ???  Welding it is out of the queston, and you just can't find this part anywhere to replace it.   I am so fustated. :icon_smile_angry: :flame:

4402tuff4u

Wow! how did it break away?? Anyhow, I would weld it back on and reinforce the area if you have to with additional plating. Why is welding out of the question? I dont think bolting up the bracket will help because that area is very retrictive with space. I'm guessing that you are talking about the bracket that includes the cam bolts and bushing for the vertical "in-out" adjustment for the front wheels, correct? Actually it's very hard to offer you any suggestions since we can't see the damage. You know what they say about a photograph - "speaks a thousand words".
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

ACUDANUT

The Correct part is called a Upper Control Arm Camber Bracket.  After seeing alot of B/E Bodies, it looks like this is a common problem.  I can't understand how no one else has had a issue with these.  They get old, Rust and brake.  I ended up finding a nice used one and I am making preps to grind off the old one and weld this one on.

4402tuff4u

"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

coach

I am beginning the process of putting my charger back together. In working on the front end the upper control arm bracket looks weak. Is there a beefed up bracket available? I am looking to put a late model hemi in the car.