News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What front disc brakes will fit on a 69 Charger?

Started by p38thor, March 29, 2010, 11:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p38thor

I have a 69 Charger with front disc brakes, but they are not stock. Does anyone know what make/model/years will fit the 69? I need to locate hoses, but don't know what donor car was used.

Thanks

Thor

lexxman

I was told The diskes on my car are from a 79 labaron,I would take one of the hoses in and try to match it. :Twocents:

HPP

Not stock as in not originally equiped or not stock as in made by wilwood or some other manufacturer? You've aksed a pretty broad question that needs a bit more defining to nail down. They could be from darn near anything from the mid sixties to the early eighties.

iItend to agree with lexxman, take a hose in and have it matched.

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

lexxman

By the way what color is that? And how did you make out with that anyway?

Bobs69

My front spindles, calipers and whatever came from a 1982 Chrysler 5th Avenue.  I know this because I took the parts off the car years ago.  Mechanics put them on for me.  I also called the guy that I bought the stuff from to remind me, I'm doing brakes.  And could use some help myself.........anyhow.

As the other fellow said he got his from a 79 lebaron,  do I dare say they would be the same?  The guy at the parts store couldn't find 82 5th avenue, so he checked 83 or 84 then compared it to a new yorker, they were the same.

lexxman

I would bet alot of parts cross over,I should be getting my brake parts in a few months.

b5blue

Look up Mopar Action's Disco-Tech article in there on line achieves. Lots of good pics and info. that may show you what is needed, most likely using 73 A body disk brake hoses. (with later model calipers)   :2thumbs: