News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Long shot, but worth a try

Started by Stegs, January 12, 2015, 07:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegs

I want to start out by saying that if this is the wrong place for this thread, mods feel free to move or delete

Im wondering if anybody here, grew up or lived in south west michigan in the late 60s or early 70s that bought my car

It was sold new in fennville, Mi.

The couple ended up getting divorced in the early to mid 70's and the guy blew up the original 383 when he had to give the car back (according to the judge)

The car was a r6 red car, black vinyl top, 383 / 3 speed auto

sure grip rear, factory a/c car, black interior

i will get the vin later today and post it, but im just curious if anybody here had a car like that in the fennville area or maybe you grew up and knew of the people?

the car was sold to the second owner probably mid to late 70s.... :shruggy: ..........anybody know how i can track down the original owner?

its worth a try

vin : xp29h9b167306

Ghoste

I'll check the registry when I get home and see if its in there but thats a lottery too of course.  Have you tried DMV records?

Stegs

Quote from: Ghoste on January 12, 2015, 10:05:30 AM
I'll check the registry when I get home and see if its in there but thats a lottery too of course.  Have you tried DMV records?

i have not yet...I thought i read somewhere that the dmv or secratary of state (here in michigan) wont release that info to you

something to do with stalkers..???

I have not tried, im going to call or email lansing and see what they say....i called the 2nd owner, who i bought it from to see if he had a name

The guy i bought the car from lost the original title.....he had the state come out many many times to validate the car was not stolen. so until he calls me back ...im lost

If i can just get a name, ill track him down...who knows, he may have some pics of the car when it was new!! or maybe the original bill of sale!!