News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

where do these parts go on a 68 charger?

Started by Charger_Buddy, August 18, 2010, 03:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Buddy

where do these parts go on a 68 charger?

69bronzeT5

The third picture....those corner brackets go on the front bumper. They are front bumper stablizer brackets. They bolt on the inside of the bumper (the bumper bolt for it is the one on the side of the bumper) and then bolt to the bottom of the fender where the bumper sits. You should see a location for that bolt. 1 bracket on each side.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger_Buddy

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 18, 2010, 03:36:01 AM
The third picture....those corner brackets go on the front bumper. They are front bumper stablizer brackets. They bolt on the inside of the bumper (the bumper bolt for it is the one on the side of the bumper) and then bolt to the bottom of the fender where the bumper sits. You should see a location for that bolt. 1 bracket on each side.

Thanks,  Now I just need to know where the other two parts go.

Domino

Rear frame rails to rear crossmember at the rear corners of the fuel tank.  Two bolts into underside of frame rail, one to the lower lip of the rear crossmember with a J nut, that's the slotted hole.

Charger_Buddy

Thanks so much for the information.  Now I can complete my car.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Charger_Buddy

It is indeed!  It has been a huge help finishing up my Charger restoration.

Iceyone

Anyone make repops of those rear frame rail brackets?
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

charger01

I need those brackets too. anyone have a pair?

Charger_Buddy

Hi Guys,

I have had the best luck getting stuff through Mega Parts.  You can call Jaimie at Mega Parts or check out their website at www.megapartsusa.com.  Here is their phone number 608-452-2045.  There hours they are around are usually from 1pm-8pm or leave a message and he's good on getting back to you.  I live in MN and they are located in Wisconsin, they ship speedy delivery so I get my items next day and shipping doesn't break the bank, usually between $5.00 to $8.00 to ship something.

Good Luck!

Lee