News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

aluminum radiator

Started by emanscharger, March 17, 2006, 04:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emanscharger

can anyone recommend an aluminum radiator that will work with a 750 horse hemi?  I want something thats pretty much drop in with not much mods..I was looking at the be cool's  but they seem to need a lot of mods..thanks!

Chryco Psycho

Bee Cool are as drop in as anything I have seen + I like to have the alum rads rubber mounted to reduce twisting of them when installed

PocketThunder

summitracing.com has some AL radiators.  but you might need to drill some holes...
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Blown70

4 core Ron Davis Racing radiator aluminum cores ohhh and twin electric fans :icon_smile_big:

That is what I have........ She is purdy.

Tom

deputycrawford

Check with Manciniracing.com I believe Ron is selling an exact duplicate radiator in aluminum. It is down flow and all. Just paint it black and nobody will know the difference. i believe I saw one on display when I was there getting all my suspension parts. Should be 26" wide and drop right in.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

471_Magnum

Quote from: deputycrawford on March 24, 2006, 11:17:28 PM
Check with Manciniracing.com I believe Ron is selling an exact duplicate radiator in aluminum. It is down flow and all. Just paint it black and nobody will know the difference. i believe I saw one on display when I was there getting all my suspension parts. Should be 26" wide and drop right in.

They are drop-in, but you won't fool anyone into thinking it's stock. The upper tank is obviously fabricated.

The down flow will give up a little in terms of performance as well.

And they aren't cheap.

All that being said, if I'm ever in the unfortunate position of having to replace my stock radiator, i'd seriously consider using one.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: 471_Magnum on March 25, 2006, 01:26:14 PM
Quote from: deputycrawford on March 24, 2006, 11:17:28 PM

They are drop-in, but you won't fool anyone into thinking it's stock. The upper tank is obviously fabricated.

The down flow will give up a little in terms of performance as well.

And they aren't cheap.

All that being said, if I'm ever in the unfortunate position of having to replace my stock radiator, i'd seriously consider using one.

I'm the douche with the Mancini radiator and it's not quite as drop in as they advertise.    I got a 22" core support  and shoved in the big one but it took lots of work to get it to fit in right.   It does have an optional aluminum shroud and people think it's pretty nice for the most part.    It works pretty good tho.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

deputycrawford

I know the down flow stuff isn't quite as efficient but I would run one. I have a big block 69 with air so I take the 26" rad. I would never run without a shroud so I would buy the kit. Thanks for the info I will call him first if I need to replace my rad. I just had mine re-cored a year ago so I should be ok; but you never know.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Mike DC

Painting radiators black (or coating them with anything, for that matter) will work to decrease their cooling ability a little. 

Nothing major, but it's probably better to try to "fog" just enough paint onto the radiator to cover it.

deputycrawford

If I ever need to go with an aluminum one, I will paint it as little as I have to. Thick coats of paint do little for cooling. Even my re-cored original is painted just enough to look black.

owatajrkiam

I belong to the "C" body site,there is an article on how to install a 2 core cross flow alum rad in a "C" body with a big block.The rad is from a 96 to 98 ford explorer w/V6,you can even use your stock lower hose.It almost bolts right up with just a little tweaking.The rad measures 20.75" by 20.75" and 2.25" thick.Uses the stock upper rad hose from the explorer and this is almost a true bolt in.My new rad is on the way and we all know that a "C" engine compartment is about the same dimensions as a "B".I got my N.O.S.rad on e-bay for 66.00,I'm laughing all the way to the bank. By the way,an elec fan from a 90-95 taurus w/3.8 eng will bolt right up and this thing moves more air than ANY aftermarket fan out there,fan and shroud in one.Go to,  c body dry dock news php   and on upper left go to "Tech Articles".My total with rad,fan w/built in shroud and relays were less than 100.00 vs.3-500 for an aftermarket rad and 2-300 for a fan assembly.This probably wont cool your 700 hp monster,but i bet it will cool 80-90% of the cars out there.Glen :yesnod: