News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FINALLY some progress!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by jdiesel33, August 08, 2010, 10:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdiesel33

Hello All, Haven't posted for quite a while. Fell into one of those long project lulls, mostly b/c I couldnt find any reliable help for restoring my '68. Now I  have a good man on the job and progress is already happening quickly. Had her soda blasted today. Good amount of bondo under there in some spots. I guess next step is getting the body shored up and repaired. Just thankful and happy to have some progress!!!!! :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

jdiesel33

Some pics
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

jaak

Lookin' good  :2thumbs:
Now you got a clean canvas to start working on!

Keep it up,
Jason

PocketThunder

Awe man i remember those day~!!!  :o  Keep at it and soon you'll be on the road.  :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

lastoasis

I really envy the room you have

yer on your way!

jdiesel33

Thanks everyone. Trying to decide on color now. Originally was PP1 Red. Deciding between that, a really nice, vibrant yellow, or a candy apple red.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: jdiesel33 on August 09, 2010, 03:32:27 PM
Thanks everyone. Trying to decide on color now. Originally was PP1 Red. Deciding between that, a really nice, vibrant yellow, or a candy apple red.

PP1 is the best '68 color.  Keep it.

jdiesel33

Yeah, you are probably right about that. I will probably keep it. Thanks for the input.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

jaak

nvrbdn

:smilielol:i cant advise you,mine was original plum crazy. but there are so many plum cars in the area i went with a burnt orange.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

DC_1

I'm partial to red myself!

jdiesel33

Ok, I have decided to go with PP1. Damn good lookin' color.

Now this may be a stupid question. When I go to the paint shop, what kind/code do I tell them to use for the black portion on the tail piece between the tail lights? And also, since all the old was blasted off, how will they know exactly what and how much to paint black on the tail piece? A picture? Or is it basically everything from the lower trim holes and up?

thanks
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Quote from: jdiesel33 on August 11, 2010, 08:46:09 AM
Ok, I have decided to go with PP1. Damn good lookin' color.

Now this may be a stupid question. When I go to the paint shop, what kind/code do I tell them to use for the black portion on the tail piece between the tail lights? And also, since all the old was blasted off, how will they know exactly what and how much to paint black on the tail piece? A picture? Or is it basically everything from the lower trim holes and up?

thanks

For the color search around in the Paint and Body section here for the formula.  For the black between the tailights you can also find that in the paint and body section.  And when you take the car into the body shop be sure to bring the trim pieces that go around the tail lights because the body shop will need those to correctly mask off the area that is supposed to be black.  DAMHIK  :slap:

jdiesel33

I guess I will also go with the original white interior as well. I think the white interior is beautiful, but has always seemed like a weird color combo. Red exterior, black dash, black carpet, then white interior. Anybody else think that is kind of odd? It doesnt look bad, but just seems a bit unusual.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

41husk

Odd but nice.  With no AC in any of my cars, I wish I had white interior :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

jdiesel33

That is another reason I am going with white. I live in Dallas, TX and today it is 104!!!!!! We have had 12 days of 100+ in a row.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

tan top

got some work going on there !!  :yesnod:  yep if me would deffo keep it the original color !
keep the pictures coming , love looking at this kind of stuff  :popcrn: :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

PocketThunder

Quote from: jdiesel33 on August 13, 2010, 09:40:23 AM
I guess I will also go with the original white interior as well. I think the white interior is beautiful, but has always seemed like a weird color combo. Red exterior, black dash, black carpet, then white interior. Anybody else think that is kind of odd? It doesnt look bad, but just seems a bit unusual.

Thats exactly what my old 68 was.  It was beautiful!

jdiesel33

Odd combo, but it really works. The white is really great looking in there. Especially with those white faced gauges. Very nice.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T