News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Squirting carb

Started by BBKNARF, August 05, 2010, 08:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBKNARF

After a 20-30 minuit drive around town , on a very hot day only I park the Charger back in the garage, I usally open the hood to make sure everything is ok.
I noticed the front discharge nozzle (squirt er) on my Holley 950 d.p. every 2-3 seconds it squirts a little gas for a few minuit's, is this caused by  the fuel in the
carb bowl is almost at its boiling point  :shruggy:
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

lisiecki1

heat expansion :2thumbs: gas tank on my motorcycle does the same thing if i fill it too full on a hot day.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

firefighter3931

Check your float level and accelerator pump adjustment.  :yesnod:

Dumping raw fuel into the engine when shut down will certainly foul plugs....this might be why your plugs look bad.

Get a heat insulating base gasket under that holley carb to keep conductive heat under control.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs