News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How much more flow from new Eddy 225 cc RPM Performer xt heads v 210 cc Eddys

Started by 1Bad70Charger, September 25, 2010, 01:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1Bad70Charger

I have been researching and looking at both these heads the traditional RPM Performer RPM heads with 210 cc combustion chambers vs the 225 cc new Eddy Performer xt heads, for a stoker 505 build (where my goal would be at minimal of 600HP and 600TQ, on pump gas, around 10:8 to 1 compression, and even taking a look at both heads if i decide to simply turn my current mild 440 into a new rebuild 446 ci engine making at least 525HP and 550tq.

Will the new Eddy 225 cc heads be enough head to run on a stroker 505 ci stroker utilizing a nice solid roller cam, say with specs at .050 of 254/260, .622//628, on a 112 lsa?

Also, its my understanding that the new Eddy 225 heads come CNC ported from Eddy where the 210cc Eddy heads do not, is this right?

Also, the 225 Eddy Heads would not be too much for a 446 ci build utilizing a nice size moderate cam for the street or strip, right?

Thanks in advance!  :cheers:
48 year old Self Employed Trial Lawyer (I fight the ambulance chasers); 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner A12 Tribute Car, Built 505ci; Silver 2008 Hemi Dodge Challenger SRT8, Black 2006 Corvette Z06 427ci LS7-Keep God First, Family Second and Horsepower Third.  Interests:  God, Fast American Cars (old and new), Classic Muscle Cars, German Sheperds, Guns, Animals and the Great Outdoors (sick of Chicago).

1Bad70Charger

I know Edelbrock is not publishing the flow numbers on these bad boys yet and these heads just recently came into the hot rod world, but do any of the experts here, Ron, Cooter, Challenger340, RollingThunder, BSB67, etc, have any educated opinions/info regarding these heads being used on a 10:8 to 1 compression 446 Engine and a 505 ci (440 stroker)?  :shruggy:
48 year old Self Employed Trial Lawyer (I fight the ambulance chasers); 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner A12 Tribute Car, Built 505ci; Silver 2008 Hemi Dodge Challenger SRT8, Black 2006 Corvette Z06 427ci LS7-Keep God First, Family Second and Horsepower Third.  Interests:  God, Fast American Cars (old and new), Classic Muscle Cars, German Sheperds, Guns, Animals and the Great Outdoors (sick of Chicago).

BSB67

Before you spend too much time thinking about them, make sure that they are actually available.   Edelbrock has been advertising them for 6 to 9 months, but have not been available. 

You can reach your performance goals with the RPMs

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

1Bad70Charger

Quote from: BSB67 on September 25, 2010, 03:52:20 PM
Before you spend too much time thinking about them, make sure that they are actually available.   Edelbrock has been advertising them for 6 to 9 months, but have not been available. 

You can reach your performance goals with the RPMs

Thank you my friend your knowledge and input is always greatly appreciated.  :cheers:

Can I make 625 ponies and 600+tq on a 505 ci stroker, with 10:8 to 1 compression, with the Eddy 210cc RPM Performer Heads that are available and so popular, with a nice solid roller cam referenced in my initial post?

I assume the answer is definitely yes, but no way with the out of the box heads, and only with professional CNC Porting, etc.

BSB67

I really don't like talking hp as it is a bit of a game.  Different dynos and operators will get different hp numbers.  A dyno is a tool for tuning and measuring the results of changes made to the engine.   

You should have the heads gone over by a professional to check the clearances, check and/or dress the grind, back-cut the valves, and put the appropriate hardware on them to match the cam.  It is my opinion that you can get there without CNC porting, depending on the details of the rest of the build, and on who's dyno and the operator.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph