News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger roof

Started by stingger68, July 11, 2010, 06:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stingger68

is there someone remaking just the top front and top rear lip panels of the 68 roofs or am i stuck geting the whole roof skin and cuting off what i need? :shruggy:

suntech

If you have rust on both rear and front lips, i would have replaced the whole roof skin, so you know everything is good! :Twocents:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Drop Top

I agree. To add to that its much easier tp replace thr entire roof then just parts of it.

stingger68

i've got time in on cuting and welding panels but what kind of work am i looking at with replaceing the whole roof skin? :scratchchin:

AdamMopar

I haven't had any luck finding those pieces.  For mine I just need the rear.  I'm hoping AMD starts making the patch panels someday, I think they would have a good market for them given all the rear window rust that is typical.

charger_fan_4ever

Replacing the whole skin is the way to go. Drill the spots on the drip rail,around the windows. I'm thinking i will just use the glue to put the new skin on. No welding at all.

I couldn't imagine welding in patches up onto the topside of the roofskin. The warping would have you laying on filler and block sanding for a week lol.

Drop Top

I agree 100%. The time spent would be much shorter buy replaceing the entire top. The worpage would be compleatly out of control. This is just what the panel bonding adhesive is good for. Enless you have a spot welder handy. Even then the glue would be much faster and just as strong.

stingger68

whats the name of the glue? 3M? :popcrn:

Drop Top

3M panel bonding adhesive I will see if I can get the part number for you and post back tomarrow.

stingger68

dodgert68

I replaced a skin on one last year and used the panel bonding adheasive in the drip rail areas ,drilled and plug welded the the front and rear window openings and the sail panels. I purchased a couple of 1/4 round rods from Lowe's and used them clampin the drip rail to hold everything tight during set up , just be sure to wrap the rods with masking tape so the adheasive doesn't bond to the rods.