News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

priceline.com

Started by dkn1997, July 11, 2010, 05:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

has anyone used the bidding process they have for hotels and such?  I had heard that the bidding for the flights was risky because they could fly you anytime of the day with a million layovers...  I got a good deal on a flight to detroit and need to rent a car for a day and stay overnight...  on the surface, I don't see too much risk with a hotel, a night is a night...and I'm not picky at all when it comes to that.  for the car, i don't care if it's yugo. it's just got to get me from the airport to where I'm going and hopefully make it back..

anyone ever used this?  I'm buying a car from detroit and live in NY.  I"m flying in and driving it home and the car is 40 min from the airport and it's a long drive back here so I want to be able to leave real early in the morning from there that's why i need to stay overnight..
RECHRGED

ChgrSteve67

I got bit on a rental car one time.

Web site rents form Noon to Noon and was not told this.

I picked the car up at 11:15AM and dropped it off at 2:!5PM the following day.
Got charged for two extra days because I picked it up early and dropped it off late.

I have done several hotels and the price was fair.

I have not done airline tickets because everytime I check against the airlines web site I was able to get a better deal dealing directly with the airlines than I was going through a Priceline or Orbits web site.

The best advice is to always shop around.

Steve

stripedelete

Bad experience renting a car.  I screwed up and flip flopped the AM / PM part of my reservation.  Central reservations for the rental car company (Hertz - maybe) wouldn't touch the reservation because it was Priceline.  They referred me to the local number which would not pick-up.   They really $ocked it to me for the extra 1/2 day when I arrived.

On the other hand, you can probably get a car for about $12+ junk - if you don't screw it up or need to make any change.

I am with ChrgrSteve on the airline tickets.

dkn1997

Quote from: stripedelete on July 11, 2010, 09:54:04 PM
Bad experience renting a car.  I screwed up and flip flopped the AM / PM part of my reservation.  Central reservations for the rental car company (Hertz - maybe) wouldn't touch the reservation because it was Priceline.  They referred me to the local number which would not pick-up.   They really $ocked it to me for the extra 1/2 day when I arrived.

On the other hand, you can probably get a car for about $12+ junk - if you don't screw it up or need to make any change.

I am with ChrgrSteve on the airline tickets.

ended up getting the flight cheaper right from the spirit website.  talked to the salesman and he referrred me to a redroof for 53/night, then went to dollar rentacar sight and got a shitbox for 43/day.  I figure they are real reservations and can't get screwed by anyone lol.. thanks for the advice guys, saved me some bucks on the plane ticket. 
RECHRGED

chargergirl

They are ALL hurting...deal directly with the airline, car, etc...or go through a travel agency...if you know of a good one, ask around, sometimes they can get you a great deal...they also fight for you.
Trust your Woobie!