News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electrical Issues - Help Needed

Started by Long Island RT, July 02, 2010, 09:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long Island RT

Wiper Motor - I have a three speed unit.  Last year when I put it in the car everything worked fine.  Now, 1 year later (no driving mind you) the motor works however it won't return back and park when shut off.  I know it worked before.  I checked the wires on the back of the switch and all is hooked up.  WTF  :brickwall:

Emergency Flasher:  I don't remember having this issue either.  When it's on, only the the right blinkers work.  When I put on the right blinker at the same time - no effect.  When I put on the left blinker at the same time - it blinks, but not with the flashers.  Sounds like it's using it's own flasher and the timing is off.

Electrical bugs are my least favorite...

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
LIRT
1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

bakerhillpins

What kind of work have you done over the last year? Or is the list so long that it's pointless.

If you have been doing body work maybe you forgot to hook a ground back up or pinched a wire...
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Long Island RT

Maybe a pinched wire :scratchchin: - Actually now that I think about it - it uses the same ground wire as the rest of my switches and gauges - and they all work fine.
All I've been doing is re-assembling everything. 

My dash is custom wired - but I did use (where possible) the same color wires as stock.  I vaguely remember something about a blue wire being the park wire...
1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

bakerhillpins

I thought the blue wire was the ignition wire? I don't own a charger (yet) though so should check the wiring diagram for a 69.

Are you sure one of your bulkhead connectors isn't loose. Maybe when you plugged it in you didn't get it to engage fully and its backed out since.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Dmichels

If i member right the emergency flasher wires threw the turnsignal switch got to make sure that is working correctly try wigilling it. also check brake lights and signals while your at it. They all go threw that signalswitch. Also make sure all the lights have good grounds
68 440 4 speed 4.10

Long Island RT

Well I jiggled the wires that go into the wiper motor and my wipers parked themselves.  Seems I have bad connection.  Maybe I'll tackle that in the offseason.

Blinkers work fine, so I'm thinking my flasher switch is the issue.  Anybody know how to test it?

Nacho-RT74

yeap, wipers get a constant power from blue wire to make it work in reverse direction untill a cancel cam inside cuts the power. This wire keeps energized ( in ACC )

Would need to get deep into the flasher system and switch on pre 70 cars. I never have dealt with them but I analized once, simply I can't remember right now. But I need to sleep right now.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html