News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to store an extra hood?

Started by Headrope, July 07, 2010, 03:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headrope

I remember a thread from the old days regarding how to properly store an extra hood but didn't need to know back then and can't find the thread now.
Am looking for two options: Standing it upright on the floor; hanging it on a wall.
Any help always appreciated.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

moparstuart

Quote from: Headrope on July 07, 2010, 03:46:21 PM
I remember a thread from the old days regarding how to properly store an extra hood but didn't need to know back then and can't find the thread now.
Am looking for two options: Standing it upright on the floor; hanging it on a wall.

put it gently on its side , do not store it on its back corners .   :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

I personally lay my extra '69 Charger hood on the garage floor on its side.. I don't want to set it down on the backside. I do this to eliminate any possible risk of damage to the pointy rear corners.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

sixty8charger

Not to steal this thread but... How do you store extra glass? Front windshield, rear, and side glass?? Upright, laid flat??
Jayson

moparstuart

Quote from: sixty8charger on July 07, 2010, 03:55:31 PM
Not to steal this thread but... How do you store extra glass? Front windshield, rear, and side glass?? Upright, laid flat??
here at the salvage yard we have upright racks used to store glass in .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

resq302

Quote from: moparstuart on July 07, 2010, 03:52:10 PM

put it gently on its side , do not store it on its back corners .   :Twocents:

Figures, my dad is storing his spare chally hood on the back corners. :slap:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Headrope

Do not store on the corners. Will do - er, won't ... I got it.
Thanks. :2thumbs:
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Skyview69

I can store it on my car for you  ;)

alenglish

I took nylon straps and hung it from the ceiling
>You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If it doesn't move
>and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct
tape.
>

ACUDANUT

Putting it on the sharp corners is okay, as long as there is a rubber mat or cardboard that is rests on. :Twocents:

oldcarnut

I have the hood from my 70 RR and the 69 Coronet R/T sitting upright on the floor against the garage wall.  I left the hood spring hindge assys on them so nothing on the actual hood part is on the concrete.  Years ago I stored a good hood from a 69 Bee inside a storage bin on dry dirt. Saw it the other day while I am cleaning out a bunch of parts I don't need anymore.  Moisture ate up the side edge  :eek2:.  Don't leave anything on a dirt floor.  

PocketThunder

Headrope?  Holy crap, i havent seen you post on the board in a L-O-N-G time!   :icon_smile_big:

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

HOTROD

Quote from: alenglish on July 08, 2010, 11:10:51 AM
I took nylon straps and hung it from the ceiling
[/quote

yah me to :2thumbs:
What the Hell-Dumass !