News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What color is the original brake booster??

Started by mysil bergsprekken, June 28, 2010, 09:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mysil bergsprekken

Hi
I got a new brake booster from MBM. It has a brass finish now. Is it supposed to be black? If so, what kind of black color should it have (color code)??

Thanks
69 charger RT

Just 6T9 CHGR

69 power drum brakes?  Leave it the way it is....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69*F5*SE

:iagree:  leave it alone.  Wish mine was replated like that one.

gtx6970

six-tee-nine

Then someone tell me please why the mastercyl that I pulled of my 69 (4 wheel power drums) what painted black?      :shruggy:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

bakerhillpins

Quote from: six-tee-nine on June 30, 2010, 03:37:54 PM
Then someone tell me please why the mastercyl that I pulled of my 69 (4 wheel power drums) what painted black?      :shruggy:

Are you sure that someone didn't paint it during its lifetime?

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

six-tee-nine

Well the paint was cracked and peeled of easy in some places but it was not zinc plated underneath for sure.

Maybe it was replaced by another one in it's lifetime, however the one i have is exactly the same as showed in the pictures here....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

bakerhillpins

Maybe looking up the part in one of the original parts books would provide a description/picture that could answer that?

My very quick and dirty google search got lots of replacement parts but nothing original..
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Belgium R/T -68

Same as I bought for mine, never got it to work. Bought a restored original one. :2thumbs:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

gtx6970

Quote from: six-tee-nine on June 30, 2010, 03:37:54 PM

some OE and over the counter master cylinders had a coating on them that makes them appear black

lexxman

mysil bergsprekken

Thank you for your views on this one. I believe I am going to leave it as it is, whether it is the original look or not. But what was the actual color/paint that it used to be?? (The car is a RT440 4 speed with drums all around)
69 charger RT

Just 6T9 CHGR

It used to be just like yours is now....yellow cadmium plated
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mysil bergsprekken

ok good, thanks.
I was thinking of spraying it with a layer or two with clearcoat to make it more resistant against rust and dirt, but I am not sure if that is a good idea. What do you think?

69 charger RT