News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

throttle return getting hung up

Started by grdprx, July 01, 2010, 05:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grdprx

I'm kind of stumped.  Just got my engine running, and the throttle won't fully return when I let off the gas pedal.  I have to lift the pedal a bit to get it to go back.  Looking at the carburetor, the throttle lever isn't returning.  So I tried cutting the spring a little shorter, same issue.  Its got a Lokar throttle cable, so I cut the cable a little... does the same thing.  I propped the pedal up, taking pressure off the line; and it moves fine.  So, to me, it seems like the pedal is "too heavy."  I don't know what to try next...

John_Kunkel

Does the carb return to idle with the cable disconnected? If so, there is a binding in the cable or the throttle pedal.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

grdprx

Ya, if I stick a bolt on the pedal to take pressure of the cable, it returns just fine.  I just can't figure out how to fix the issue... 

John_Kunkel

What does it do with the cable disconnected from the carb?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

grdprx

Got it, disconnected the cable; and it moves properly.  Heck, I probably didn't need to trim the spring....   Should I try unhooking the cable from the pedal, see if that binds?

charger2fast4u

yea i would check it after being disconnected from the pedal. is it the stock pedal your using? maybe the pedal is rusty or gummed up where it pivots on the pin.

TylerCharger69

maybe the cable is frayed and hanging up on the firewall grommet.....or the grommet is causing a hang up?